1. #1 Freeway Flag UPDATE: Governor Criticizes Removal 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

Why am I not surprised this was CA???

SUNOL, CAlif. -- UPDATE: Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said Friday that he was unhappy that the California Department of Transportation has painted over a mural of an American flag on a concrete slab near the Sunol Grade section of Interstate Highway 680 in unincorporated Alameda County near Sunol.

In a prepared statement, Schwarzenegger called the flag patriotic and meaningful.

He said that to remove the flag, "only a few days before we celebrate our independence and reflect on the freedoms we are lucky enough to enjoy in America is unconscionable. I extend my apologies to the artists whose mural inspired drivers along 680 for over eight and a half years."
    May the FORCE be with you!

So, wait... destroying an American flag is art... but painting an American flag is graffiti?

We are so doomed as a nation.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    So, wait... destroying an American flag is art... but painting an American flag is graffiti?

We are so doomed as a nation.
    Please don't mistake stupid bullshit that happens in Kalifornia representative of the rest of the country. This kind of shit would never happen in Beaumont Texas or anywhere similar. Hell, as leftist as NJ is I don't think even they'd stoop this low.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I live about 10 miles or so from where that flag was ..it was up on a hill maybe 150-200' above the freeway. It's a shame that CalTrans would do something like that but it's the San Francisco Bay Area so I'm not surprised it happened.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Update on the flag.....it's back.

Sunol Grade Flag Mural Repainted For July 4

Above I-680 on Saturday two men re-painted a flag mural covered over by a Caltrans crew earlier in the week. CBS 5 photo On Saturday, just in time for the Fourth of July, two men on a steep hillside above Interstate 680 near the Sunol Grade proceeded to restore a U.S. flag mural which had been removed earlier in the week by a Caltrans crew.

"I thought it was kind of rude for them to cover it a couple days before Fourth of July," Steve Giordano told a CBS 5 reporter as he and his impromptu painting partner Jim Gallagher rolled red and white paint onto the gray concrete slab above the busy freeway below.
    LINK
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf