Thread: Curfew Almost Marshal law in Place for Parts of Helena-West Helena, Arkansas

1. #1 Curfew Almost Marshal law in Place for Parts of Helena-West Helena, Arkansas 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Curfew in Place for Parts of Helena-West Helena, Arkansas

"We are going to pop them in the head." :eek:

Go home or go to jail! Those are the only two options for people living in one Mid-South neighborhood. The mayor of Helena-West Helena, Arkansas has issued a mandatory curfew. the curfew is in place for an area he refers to as a "hot spot" for crime. It applies to anyone, any age, and any time of day.

According to Mayor James Valley, this move is in the best interest of the city. "This curfew is for all people...everyone is subject to be stopped - almost like marshal law. And that's exactly what some are calling it. The mayor has issued a curfew for a neighborhood that extends about a mile - not too far from city hall. If you're caught outside without a good enough excuse, you're going to jail. "It's zero tolerance, you're going to jail."

It's an idea that's okay with resident Martha Coleman. "You never know where a bullet is going to go, who's house it's going to hit and sleeping on the floor because you don't know where a bullet is going to go. It might be in my house or my neighbors home, so I commend the police department."

But others say instead of addressing the problem, this will make things worse. And some say instead of "Home Sweet Home," the past 24 hours have been a nightmare. Resident Richard Robinson refers to it as "jail - you can't come out your own home, you can't go to the store without being harassed by police." While Robinson applauds the city's efforts he says the police department is handling this the wrong way. When police tell you, you can't come outside and you are on your own property, I think that's marshal law and it can only be enforced by the National Guard - That's my opinion."

But after several rapes, robberies and shootings, Mayor James Valley says he's exhausted all possibilities. And he says this is the best move to turn around what some are calling a rough area. "This turf belongs to taxpaying citizens, not to hustlers and drug dealers...We are going to pop them in the head."

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news...7-48924ac4cd26

This sounds like an unconstitutional law to me. It violates guaranteed freedom of commerce.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    This sounds like an unconstitutional law to me. It violates guaranteed freedom of commerce.
    I don't understand how you can say that, Owl. According to this paragraph:

According to Mayor James Valley, this move is in the best interest of the city. "This curfew is for all people...everyone is subject to be stopped - almost like marshal law. And that's exactly what some are calling it
    the good folks of West Podunk are either referring to:

or, if they've left out the "l"

How can that be unconstitutional?