Thread: Blu-Ray

1. #1 Blu-Ray 
    I am burning my first Blu-Ray data disc. I could wait no longer, LG had one for a good price on New Egg so i bought it and an SATA external enclosure USB 2.0. Cross your fingers, no coasters!

First disc was successful. 22.5 gigs in 50 minutes with 0 errors, verified. That is a heavy data flow for a long time without errors, I'm impressed!:)

I have a top of the line Sony 18 inch widescreen laptop. It has a built in Blu-Ray DVD player. I'm supposed to be able to copy, play and burn Blu-Ray data or DVD discs. But I've never tried to use it, other than to watch movies sometimes on it. One of these days I guess I should give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I have a top of the line Sony 18 inch widescreen laptop. It has a built in Blu-Ray DVD player. I'm supposed to be able to copy, play and burn Blu-Ray data or DVD discs. But I've never tried to use it, other than to watch movies sometimes on it. One of these days I guess I should give it a try.
    A dual layer Blu-ray disc holds 50 gigs and is great for backing up your system.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    nice...they are still too expensive for me atm....I have to replace the motherboard on my desttop due to the RAM slots burning out. When they come down to the 50ish range than I'll look at getting one (and have the money)