Thread: Majority of Likely Voters Agree 'Socialist' Accurately Describes Obama

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    perhaps senator obama voted similarly to a socialist, president obama is far far from it
    Why? Because you say so? Has Bernie Sanders opposed anything that Obama has proposed as president? For that matter, have President Obama's policies deviated from Senator Obama's votes? Is he any more supportive of the armed forces (GEN McChrystal would say no, as would anyone who has seen his planned cutbacks)? Has he opposed expansion of entitlements in either capacity? Has he reigned in government control of the private sector or has he used crises as an excuse to expand government and nationalize whole industries?
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    This. Even if he's not a socialist... let's put it like this: I'm waiting for him to claim a rabbit attacked him.

    ~QC
    LOL Carter didn't simply claim that he was attacked, there's video. Apparently, even nature rebelled against his administration.

    A rat ran past Obama's podium at a press conference, but he was too focused on the teleprompter to notice it.

    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The deal is, Obama wants the U.S. to be a European-style socialist country which is funny when you think about it. How is that style of socialism working out for Italy, Greece, and Spain?
    To be fair Germany is doing quite alright, and if you were to assign a Euro country which reflects Obama's policies the closest it would be the Deutschland.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    To be fair Germany is doing quite alright, and if you were to assign a Euro country which reflects Obama's policies the closest it would be the Deutschland.
    That is not what Chancellor Merkel stated at the recent G20 convention. She proposed to cut taxes by 2010/2011. However, budget cuts are not on the table.

    Let's compare that to the Magic Negro and his Administration. Larry Summers, top economic advisor, does not think we are spending enough and wants another several hundred billion dollar stimulus program passed. He also does not think that the deficit is a problem. If Congress does not act, Federal Income Tax rates will go up dramatically. BTW, the health bill was supposed to be revenue neutral but we find out now find out from the CBO that is not the case. Cap and trade is another tax increase on everyone including the poor and the middle class if passed. In other words, Obama words do not reflect reality. Obama is a tax and spend politician whereas politicians like Merkel realize they have a problem. Your O does not.

    Conclusion: you are woefully ignorant with the statement you made above. We do not have a section for tiddlywinks but you should seriously STFU about financial matters.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    That is not what Chancellor Merkel stated at the recent G20 convention. She proposed to cut taxes by 2010/2011. However, budget cuts are not on the table.

    Let's compare that to the Magic Negro and his Administration. Larry Summers, top economic advisor, does not think we are spending enough and wants another several hundred billion dollar stimulus program passed. He also does not think that the deficit is a problem. If Congress does not act, Federal Income Tax rates will go up dramatically. BTW, the health bill was supposed to be revenue neutral but we find out now find out from the CBO that is not the case. Cap and trade is another tax increase on everyone including the poor and the middle class if passed. In other words, Obama words do not reflect reality. Obama is a tax and spend politician whereas politicians like Merkel realize they have a problem. Your O does not.

    Conclusion: you are woefully ignorant with the statement you made above. We do not have a section for tiddlywinks but you should seriously STFU about financial matters.
    End of mission. Target destroyed. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    To be fair Germany is doing quite alright, and if you were to assign a Euro country which reflects Obama's policies the closest it would be the Deutschland.
    Hardly. Obama's green jobs initiative is based on Spain's (and the Spanish are abandoning it, as it creates 1 green job for every 22 conventional jobs that it destroys), his massive overspending looks far more like Greece than Germany, and his proposed military cuts resemble the French.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •