Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Polanski Goes Free 
    Roman Polanski Free, Swiss Reject Extradition to U.S.

By WSJ Staff

Switzerland’s ministry of justice said today that it will not extradite fugitive director Roman Polanski to the United States, and that he has been set free. Polanski, known for making such films as “Rosemary’s Baby,” had been under house arrest in Switzerland and faced extradition to the U.S. after fleeing the country in 1978 after having sex with a 13 year old girl.

The ministry wrote in a statement that “The 76-year-old French-Polish film director Roman Polanski will not be extradited to the USA. The freedom-restricting measures against him have been revoked. This announcement was made by Mrs Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf, head of the Swiss Federal Department of Justice and Police (FDJP), in Berne on Monday. The reason for the decision lies in the fact that it was not possible to exclude with the necessary certainty a fault in the US extradition request, although the issue was thoroughly examined. Moreover, also the principles of State action deriving from international public order were taken into account.”

Link

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chalk one up for the tree jumpers. If you rape a child, run to Switzerland.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Next time they want a fugitive from us, I say fuck them.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

And I'm sure Hollywood is happy as hell.

That's it, I want a Free Mel fund...at least he didn't rape a child.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

I'm not exactly shocked that Switzerland wouldn't extradite him. He's running out of countries to hide in, though. The victim has publicly stated that she doesn't want another trial and doesn't want to relive her past again-not that it makes what he did okay, but I can see her side of it.

He's still a scumbag, and there's always the hope that he'll make the mistake of visiting the wrong country, and get extradited or worse.

Too bad he wasn't home when the Manson clan came a calling.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Too bad he wasn't home when the Manson clan came a calling.
    I don't wish death on the guy. No one deserves to be slaughtered like that. I just want him to pay for his crime.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Banned
    I would venture to say that this is pay back because of the way Obama and the IRS have treated UBS, a Swiss bank, and forced them to hand over 4,500 names of US citizens that have accounts there. As a result Switzerland is no longer a tax haven; hundreds of millions if not billions have been withdrawn and transferred elsewhere. If I am not mistaken, the Swiss do not want anything to do with American deposits. So, the Swiss are not too happy with the Magic Negro.

I don't have the words to desribe this ... they cut that pig lose?

Swiss should be ashamed.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

If there's any justice in the world, God will strike this asshole right in the dick with a huge bolt of lightning. I know it's not Christian to hate and I hope Jesus will forgive me, but I hope this bastard burns in Hell. There's nothing in the world worse than a child rapist like this pervert.

And you know what? His movies suck. Rosemary's Baby was like 50 years ago and on multiple viewings even that wasn't so good. So enough with the whole "he's an artist" bullshit. Goebbels was an artist to some people.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I would venture to say that this is pay back because of the way Obama and the IRS have treated UBS, a Swiss bank, and forced them to hand over 4,500 names of US citizens that have accounts there. As a result Switzerland is no longer a tax haven; hundreds of millions if not billions have been withdrawn and transferred elsewhere. If I am not mistaken, the Swiss do not want anything to do with American deposits. So, the Swiss are not too happy with the Magic Negro.

Blame Obama for this? That's a big stretch.

I think it's more of a situation of the Swiss (and other europeans) don't view crime and punishment the same way we do. They look at this as a petty crime and we don't. In addition, they figure it happened over 30 years ago.

I'm not saying they are right-I would never view the drugging and rape of a 13 year old to be a petty offense, but it's europe.