Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Speeding ticket...almost! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Gaa! I have NEVER been pulled over for speeding. Until tonight. :D

SLW and I were coming home and there is a section of road that looks like a high
    speed interstate but the actual speed limit is 45. I got clocked doing 61.

After I gave the cop my drivers lic. and insurance stuff I shut the car off and unhooked
    my seat belt. DON'T ever do that!!!:D BUT, in this case it saved me.

Since my record really is perfectly clear and I guess the guy was in a good mood he let me
    off with a ticket...for not having my seat belt on!!!

Whew!!! This ticket is only 10 bucs and doesn't count for points. He just told me to watch it
    speed wise. Lucked out big time.

And I'm sure it didn't hurt that I was respectful and didn't mouth off or anything. :D

On the other hand, our dishwasher broke tonight and I ran out of propane for the grill. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I have had a few incidents with the police.

1. Car in front of me going like 15mph in a 25 I was on my way to a party and so I went to pass him and next thing I know two cops on my ass so I pull over give them all my stuff and they play good cop bad cop, long story short they let me off with a warning.

2. First day of school going 30 in a 25 get stopped and get a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt (I really love when they do that!)

3. My next few incidents are similar I was with my girlfriend and we were parked places only we weren't doing anything the first time we were just talking and the second we were watching a movie in the car, both times the cops showed up probably thinking that we were having sex, you should have seen their faces when they saw we were only talking, they were so bummed!

Anyway, those are my police stories!

Banned - Not really Theo
    Quote Originally Posted by PB2012 View Post
    3. My next few incidents are similar I was with my girlfriend and we were parked places only we weren't doing anything the first time we were just talking and the second we were watching a movie in the car, both times the cops showed up probably thinking that we were having sex, you should have seen their faces when they saw we were only talking, they were so bummed!
    You think anbody here is buying that story? :D

The cop was very nice. Maybe he liked my weird sense of humor. After he took SR's license and insurance papers, I said we had a different story---not going to a funeral, but coming from one. (had been to the funeral parlor). For some reason he took mercy. :D

Can't believe, SR has never had a speeding ticket. I've had about 3 in the last 10 years or so, but in each case, got off.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

It's good you're not a redneck:

You might be a redneck if,
    Your mother does not remove the Marlboro from her mouth before telling the state trooper to kiss her ass.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Gaa! I have NEVER been pulled over for speeding. Until tonight. :D

SLW and I were coming home and there is a section of road that looks like a high
    speed interstate but the actual speed limit is 45. I got clocked doing 61.

After I gave the cop my drivers lic. and insurance stuff I shut the car off and unhooked
    my seat belt. DON'T ever do that!!!:D BUT, in this case it saved me.

Since my record really is perfectly clear and I guess the guy was in a good mood he let me
    off with a ticket...for not having my seat belt on!!!

Whew!!! This ticket is only 10 bucs and doesn't count for points. He just told me to watch it
    speed wise. Lucked out big time.

And I'm sure it didn't hurt that I was respectful and didn't mouth off or anything. :D

On the other hand, our dishwasher broke tonight and I ran out of propane for the grill. :D
    I have talked my way out of many tickets. However, the last time I was stopped, the cop gave me a ticket. It is always advisable to be respectful to the police; they have a job to do and if you want to be an asshole then you reduce your chances of getting off with a warning. The only place I don't speed is thru a school zone.

Several years ago a motorcycle cop stopped me for speeding and cutting thru a parking lot to avoid a stop sign where 2 cars were lined up. The cop told me he would have let me go if I had not cut thru the parking lot. I told him that I was going to work at the Dept. of Revenue and that I had already been late once this week and today is only Wednesday. I think he found the humor in that, gave me a lecture about getting up earlier to get to work on time, and he let me go.

Hah, Never would have been pulled over if you were driving a Hummer! :D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Hah, Never would have been pulled over if you were driving a Hummer! :D
    EXACTLY!!! But SLW still doesn't like em. :D

You're mean though. He should have gave you the ticket. :D

Just kidding.

Sorry about the dishwasher and the grill.

Be careful on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    You're mean though. He should have gave you the ticket. :D

Just kidding.

Sorry about the dishwasher and the grill.

Be careful on the road.
    HA!!! :D We are off to shop for a new dishwasher!! Yay! :D