1. #1 DISH Network Introduces Online Video Portal 
    DISH Network today introduced DISHOnline.com, what the company describes as the only online video portal that integrates live and recorded TV with more than 150,000 movies, TV shows, clips and trailers into one interface.

Dish says that, through DISHOnline.com, customers can watch their live TV, all of their DVR recordings, and instantly view thousands of movies, TV shows, clips and more from programmers such as Food Network, Discovery Channel, MTV, EPIX, Starz and Encore - all free with their paid subscription. Through a robust search engine, customers can browse for content by title, network, actor or genre.

More

Interesting.

I assume Direct TV will roll out something similar only it will work better and be cheaper. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I assume Direct TV will roll out something similar only it will work better and be cheaper. LOL!
    :p

They both seem to mimic each other at some point.

DISHOnline.com is also open to non-DISH Network customers, who have access to thousands of free video selections available for instant streaming.
    Isn't that nice of them? :)

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    :p

They both seem to mimic each other at some point.

Isn't that nice of them? :)
    they have to keep up with sites like Hulu and the networks own sites. I heard a report the other day that there are fewer TV's in homes than 10 years ago meaning more and more people are watching shows online, personally I would rather watch shows online, fewer commercials and I can watch it when I want and not worry about freeing up space on my DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    they have to keep up with sites like Hulu and the networks own sites. I heard a report the other day that there are fewer TV's in homes than 10 years ago meaning more and more people are watching shows online, personally I would rather watch shows online, fewer commercials and I can watch it when I want and not worry about freeing up space on my DVR.
    I love my DVR. I seldom watch TV in the summer so I can just catch up over a few hours on the weekend.

My notebooks and netbooks are too small to give a real TV/Movie experience.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    It's true. many people I know don't own televisions but get all their media online.

I don't think TV is going away in it's current form, but this online form sure is picking up quick.,

I cancelled my tv services a while ago. I just don't like any of the crap that is considered popular tv. I watch just what I stream through a laptop that I have hooked up to my tv and dvds. I switched to comcast for their high speed internet and they forced me to get the minimum tv changes but the line isn't hooked up to anything.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I cancelled my tv services a while ago. I just don't like any of the crap that is considered popular tv. I watch just what I stream through a laptop that I have hooked up to my tv and dvds. I switched to comcast for their high speed internet and they forced me to get the minimum tv changes but the line isn't hooked up to anything.
    they actually made you have basic to get internet? wow...thats pretty messed up even for Comcrap. I have them for internet/VOIP and Direct for TV. I'm getting ready to find something else cuz they keep fucking around and not fixing my internet.