Thread: CNN: "Did media hide Edwards affair"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 CNN: "Did media hide Edwards affair"? 
    Wow. Even CNN is admitting that the media's lack of coverage of such a high-profile affair stinks of a conspiracy. This guy was a Presidential candidate a few months ago and a front runner for Obama's VP a few days ago. Now he is disgraced. The guy cheats on his wife who has an incurable form of cancer. Yea, real standup guy that John Edwards. What an absolute grease ball.

Yet finding info about this in the media is almost impossible. If this was Giuliani we would hear about it 24x7.

(CNN) -- Rumors about John Edwards' love affair had been circulating for months, but it wasn't until the former Democratic presidential candidate admitted to the affair that national news organizations jumped on the story.

After the National Enquirer reported catching Edwards making a late-night visit to see his ex-mistress last month, the blogosphere exploded, asking why the mainstream media was not reporting the story.

Was it because of a condescending attitude toward a tabloid's reporting? Bias toward a Democratic candidate? Or sympathy toward Elizabeth Edwards, who is battling an incurable form of cancer?
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/...age/index.html
    **** Obama and **** you too.

What a surprise, from CNN. Although, I still remember the Gary Hart affair. What a moron. That was covered quite extensively.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    What a surprise, from CNN. Although, I still remember the Gary Hart affair. What a moron. That was covered quite extensively.
    Anyone that invites and dares the media to catch him like Gary Hart did is a fool. Pretty boy was not that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Anyone that invites and dares the media to catch him like Gary Hart did is a fool. Pretty boy was not that stupid.
    Well yeah.. Hart was a sitting duck.

It's the SOS with the mainscreammedia. They get popped cold proof of their liberal Bias . So for the next week or so they run Faux interospectives of "Is the media bias". the following week it's back to the SOS SOS.

CNN may be out front with the "Are we being fair" charade because they are the number 1 liberal useful idiots of the media. They have to put up a false front for awhile to salvage any credibility they may have.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Eyelids
    This is absolutely a pathetic move out of CNN. They're basically admitting to burying a story and being part of the problem... so they make a story about it to try and get some viewers.

TV journalism is the absolute bottom of the barrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    This is absolutely a pathetic move out of CNN. They're basically admitting to burying a story and being part of the problem... so they make a story about it to try and get some viewers.

TV journalism is the absolute bottom of the barrell.
    Have to say it's well said. They are the bottom of the barrel. The Russians are engaged in combat in Georgia and all they talk about now is the usual trivial crud. It's almost impossible to get true news anywhere. I sure can't depend on getting it with my local news rag.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Obviously, CNN is just a right-wing shill organization. /end DU mode :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Obviously, CNN is just a right-wing shill organization. /end DU mode :D
    As I've pointed out before, Ralph, that is something to consider. The DUmmies think that CNN is the Corporate Nazi Network while many here think it's the Commie News Network. I've always found it pretty well balanced. That is not to say they don't pile the airways with trivialities at times, but the 24 hour format encourages that and all three of them do. It is also not to say that they are perfect. Their deal with Saddam was shameful. However, on the whole, I find their coverage to be the best of the three and their world-wide coverage far superior to Fox or MSNBC. For example, Amanpour's reports from NK and their reporters' incursions into Burma (or whatever it's called these days) were both excellent.

Banned
    duplicate,,,,
    Last edited by lacarnut; 08-11-2008 at 09:35 AM.