Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Also by disallowing a mosque were it possible you would set a dangerous precedent where churches would soon be disallowed at will.
    In the USA we have freedom to practice religion as we choose. Yes. there are those who choose to throw their religion and ideals in our faces because they are free to do so.

A mosque at ground zero is an affront to our very being - an allowed one.

And what have we done to fill groud zero? Have we rebuilt or are we too busy fighting amongst ourselves about what should be built?

We are ripe for the taking. May God Help us all.
    Last edited by Cobra; 07-13-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: spelling, spellling again - I am not a great editor

Unfortunately they are breaking no laws and as much as I hate them (yes Poli, I said hate them) there is nothing we can do about it until they commit a crime with it.
    You are correct, but when examining the issue of The Córdoba House being located near the 9/11 "ground zero" site. It would be useful for everyone to know that it's name is based on The Great Mosque of Córdoba. It was common for the armies of Islam to construct a mosque as a sign of conquest (e.g. The Dome of the Rock built upon the temple mount in Jerusalem).

Is the building of this mosque a crime? Only a moral one to people like me that nearly lost a SIL; and I can empathize with that position, even as I am unwilling to dispense with the Constitutional rights of those seeking to build the mosque.

However, I think it is the actual symbolic nature of the site selection, based the history of Islamic expansionism, is not understood by anyone engaged the argument save those seeking to build the mosque. The reality is that it's that consideration that New York City residents and all Americans should be far more concerned about.

Knowing what I know, I say no to this mosque.
    Last edited by Articulate_Ape; 07-14-2010 at 12:03 AM.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

No it is not and it sucks but as long as Islam is classified as a religion they have the same rights as any other church. I for one don't consider them just a religion they are more of a political organization and one that has vowed openly to destroy us too.
    Well lets just switch over to common sense then! It will not fly well in NYC near ground zero, everyone knows nothing good can be gotten from this.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Well lets just switch over to common sense then! It will not fly well in NYC near ground zero, everyone knows nothing good can be gotten from this.
    I think the mayor of NYC is the only one that could do anything to stop it and that would have to be done through zoning, I think it is already to late they have been given the permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    You are correct, but when examining the issue of The Córdoba House being located near the 9/11 "ground zero" site. It would be useful for everyone to know that it's name is based on The Great Mosque of Córdoba. It was common for the armies of Islam to construct a mosque as a sign of conquest (e.g. The Dome of the Rock built upon the temple mount in Jerusalem).

Is the building of this mosque a crime? Only a moral one to people like me that nearly lost a SIL; and I can empathize with that position, even as I am unwilling to dispense with the Constitutional rights of those seeking to build the mosque.

However, I think it is the actual symbolic nature of the site selection, based the history of Islamic expansionism, that is not understood by anyone engaged the argument save those seeking to build the mosque. The reality is that it's that consideration that New York City residents and all Americans should be far more concerned about.

The symbolic nature is on the side of islam. We let them build, we may as well pray to allah when the call comes. And it will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post

However, I think it is the actual symbolic nature of the site selection, based the history of Islamic expansionism, that is not understood by anyone engaged the argument save those seeking to build the mosque. The reality is that it's that consideration that New York City residents and all Americans should be far more concerned about.

You are correct it is no secret why they want the mosque here. It is because of a politically correct mayor. Some people should take note here, political correctness is not harmless!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
    The symbolic nature is on the side of islam. We let them build, we may as well pray to allah when the call comes. And it will come.
    The day we elected Barack Hussien obama we started our surrender.

I hope if they do build it that it burns to the ground before it opens.
    Wonder how quick the response time would be for NYFD to put out
    muslims on fire at Ground Zero?

(knowing of course that it would be just as fast as anywhere else,
    because they are professional caring Americans and that's just how
    we roll...even to save those that are trying to kill us at the time)
    Last edited by Kay; 07-14-2010 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I hope if they do build it that it burns to the ground before it opens.
    Wonder how quick the response time would be for NYFD to put out
    muslims on fire at Ground Zero?

(knowing of course that it would be just as fast as anywhere else,
    because they are professional caring Americans and that's just how
    we roll...even to save those that are trying to kill us at the time)
    You're right.

God Bless America!

I just love the way the adbot at the top of this page shows the burka skanks looking for dating opportunities.