Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Most reliable cars 
    http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...ar.aspx?page=1

Follow the link. Apparently Lexus rank highest and Land Rover are the worst in number of problems reported by owners. Hummers rank pretty far down the list (SR are you reading this?) :D

It's worth finding the list to get to the 2nd page, where a large list is posted showing each brand. I was surprised at some of the results. BMW was 7th and Mercedes was behing BMW.

The Jeeps and Hummers didn't rate all that well either, with a much higher incidence of problems than what had been established as the norm.

Lexus, Mercury, Cadillac top reliability survey

Widely watched gauge of long-term dependability finds almost all makes improving; 3-year-old Hondas, Chevrolets among brands slipping, J.D. Power study shows. See the complete lists.

By MSN Money staff and wire reports

Lexus once again stands alone atop a closely watched list of vehicle dependability after Buick slipped from the No. 1 spot it shared with the Japanese luxury brand last year, J.D. Power and Associates said Thursday.
    It's the 14th straight year Toyota's high-end brand has held the highest ranking in the annual study, which measures problems experienced by the original owners of vehicles after three years. Lexus had 120 problems per 100 vehicles, down from 145 last year.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

noonwitch
    I like my 2005 Focus, but now that I've seen the new ones and driven one, I want one. I've got less than two more years of payments-I'm buying a new one as soon as this one is paid for. I drive the hell out of cars.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I like my 2005 Focus, but now that I've seen the new ones and driven one, I want one. I've got less than two more years of payments-I'm buying a new one as soon as this one is paid for. I drive the hell out of cars.
    Think I'll be ready soon for a new car. My current one is a '99 BMW 5 series wagon. I love it, but it's starting to finally show the wear at 118,000+ miles.

Has anyone here had a Lexus? I generally prefer an American or German car, but those stats make it look like an almost problem free car.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

Personally, I'll stick with my '78 Silverado.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    The most reliable car I ever owned was my Civic. I never had a problem with that car. I had it for four years.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Power CUer
    I've had my Saturn for nine years, with no problems. I'll never have a car payment again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Think I'll be ready soon for a new car. My current one is a '99 BMW 5 series wagon. I love it, but it's starting to finally show the wear at 118,000+ miles.

Has anyone here had a Lexus? I generally prefer an American or German car, but those stats make it look like an almost problem free car.
    After driving a BMW, most other makes will probably seem mundane from strictly a driving and handling standpoint. I drove a Lexus IS 350 and the acceleration and handling was disappointing compared to my Nissan sports car. My car will run rings around a BMW Z4 or Audi TT. If I was buying a car for transportation rather than for thrills and chills, I would get a Lexus. I think they have equal to or better service than BMW and have loaner cars. The dealership I went to is a first class operation.

September is the best month to buy a new car. Dealers are giving huge discounts and/or low or no interest loans now. Also, you may want to check out Autotrader or Cars.Com web sites for new and used cars.

Patent Member
    Follow the link. Apparently Lexus rank highest and Land Rover are the worst in number of problems reported by owners. Hummers rank pretty far down the list (SR are you reading this?) :D
    Are you saying SR isn't going to get a hummer for his birthday? I feel for ya buddy :(

On a related note, my Honda Civic has lasted me 9 years and over 100k miles so far. It has sat in parking lots for months on end, and I have never had serious problems with it (except for that time I hit another car).

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Are you saying SR isn't going to get a hummer for his birthday? I feel for ya buddy :(

On a related note, my Honda Civic has lasted me 9 years and over 100k miles so far. It has sat in parking lots for months on end, and I have never had serious problems with it (except for that time I hit another car).
    Sadly SR not will be getting the vehicle of his choice, the Hummer, for his birthday. I did get him a little model car (Hummer of course) for Christmas one year.

That will do it every time, not the Honda's fault. :D
    Last edited by SaintLouieWoman; 08-11-2008 at 05:07 PM.

"

Patent Member
    Sadly SR not will be getting the vehicle of his choice, the Hummer, for his birthday. I did get him a little model car (Hummer of course) for Christmas one year.
    The car isn't the issue here ;)

That will do it every time, not the Honda's fault. :D
    Yeah. And when the body shop fixed up the car, they didn't fix the AC properly, so now it doesn't work so well. Having the windows down does save money in the summer however. Also, State Farm is wonderful because apparently after a few years of safe driving, you get one "free" accident. They didn't raise my rates at all. Great company.