Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganForRus View Post
    welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy your stay
    Thanks. I appreciate the welcome.

Welcome to CU Elspeth!!

And just out of curiosity, how did you find CU? For me it was all the mystery surrounding 'The Site That Can't Be Named', I had to Know what it was and why it was forbidden. I then just followed the vague clues at the DUmp, performed a little Google Fu, and here I am.

Patent Member
    A belated welcome. I'm sure we'll end up disagreeing strongly on something, but it's always nice to have a new face around.

Quote Originally Posted by Perilloux View Post
    Welcome to CU Elspeth!!

And just out of curiosity, how did you find CU? For me it was all the mystery surrounding 'The Site That Can't Be Named', I had to Know what it was and why it was forbidden. I then just followed the vague clues at the DUmp, performed a little Google Fu, and here I am.
    Someone had told me about it when I asked what it was. (DU had post that got deleted because it mentioned "The Site that Can't Be Named." I PM'd somebody to ask what that was and they gave me the name. The site was down at the time, so I thought nothing more about it, but after a horrendous month at DU where I was called every name in the book for questioning the new Messiah of the Democratic Party, I began to think I needed a new place to hang out.

What really clinched the deal was this past weekend with the DNC. They made such a big deal about AL Gore winning the popular vote in 2000, but then turned around and rejected Clinton's argument on the same grounds. I couldn't believe they were going to screw Florida over again (if I were Florida, I think I'd just leave the country at this point). I also couldn't believe that they were supporting someone with absolutely no experience to run the country. Obama is a recently elevated local politician with some local criminal friends and the ability to hold no strong principles of his own. If you notice, his powerful public speaking (and he is very skilled in rhetorical delivery) says absolutely nothing. To me, this indicates a guy with no moral scruples and the ability to be used by whoever runs him from behind. I couldn't believe that THIS was who the Democratic leadership chose instead of ANY of other candidates including Clinton.

When Geraldine Ferraro said that Obama wouldn't be in the position he was in if he were white, she is absolutely correct. His experience would be questioned and his criminal ties considered a liability. He is, oddly enough, protected by his race because of white guilt. But somehow, for pointing out the obvious, Ferraro is demonized as a racist. Interestingly, Ferraro was a victim herself of prejudice when she ran--because of her Italian name, she was accused of mafia dealings. But somehow, everyone forgot that. She was now just this racist b--, c-- (you fill in the blanks).

Gone on too long, sorry. But when the party makes it clear that experience doesn't matter and that their own arguments about the popular vote don't matter, you just have to throw up your hands. There are many women out there who are upset enough to be voting Republican or Green, just to make sure that Obama doesn't get their vote. There is also some question of Michelle Obama's anti-white racism and a tape that is alleged to be in existence, but I don't put much stock in the existence of the tape.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    A belated welcome. I'm sure we'll end up disagreeing strongly on something, but it's always nice to have a new face around.
    We might, but I'm always civilized about it and always willing to listen.

Welcome, Elspeth. I hope you like it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Someone had told me about it when I asked what it was. (DU had post that got deleted because it mentioned "The Site that Can't Be Named." I PM'd somebody to ask what that was and they gave me the name. The site was down at the time, so I thought nothing more about it, but after a horrendous month at DU where I was called every name in the book for questioning the new Messiah of the Democratic Party, I began to think I needed a new place to hang out.

What really clinched the deal was this past weekend with the DNC. They made such a big deal about AL Gore winning the popular vote in 2000, but then turned around and rejected Clinton's argument on the same grounds. I couldn't believe they were going to screw Florida over again (if I were Florida, I think I'd just leave the country at this point). I also couldn't believe that they were supporting someone with absolutely no experience to run the country. Obama is a recently elevated local politician with some local criminal friends and the ability to hold no strong principles of his own. If you notice, his powerful public speaking (and he is very skilled in rhetorical delivery) says absolutely nothing. To me, this indicates a guy with no moral scruples and the ability to be used by whoever runs him from behind. I couldn't believe that THIS was who the Democratic leadership chose instead of ANY of other candidates including Clinton.

When Geraldine Ferraro said that Obama wouldn't be in the position he was in if he were white, she is absolutely correct. His experience would be questioned and his criminal ties considered a liability. He is, oddly enough, protected by his race because of white guilt. But somehow, for pointing out the obvious, Ferraro is demonized as a racist. Interestingly, Ferraro was a victim herself of prejudice when she ran--because of her Italian name, she was accused of mafia dealings. But somehow, everyone forgot that. She was now just this racist b--, c-- (you fill in the blanks).

Gone on too long, sorry. But when the party makes it clear that experience doesn't matter and that their own arguments about the popular vote don't matter, you just have to throw up your hands. There are many women out there who are upset enough to be voting Republican or Green, just to make sure that Obama doesn't get their vote. There is also some question of Michelle Obama's anti-white racism and a tape that is alleged to be in existence, but I don't put much stock in the existence of the tape.
    What you, Geraldine Ferraro, and a lot of Clinton supporters have experienced from the Obama liberals are what conservatives have endured for quite some time now. The name calling, the hate, the brutal verbal and sometimes physical attacks on ANYONE who disagrees with their point of view. The massive bias in the media has really shown through, and Hillary was a victim of it. The hate the comes from them scares me. They are damn determined to destroy the rights of those people who do not fall in step with their beliefs. From the Fairness Doc. to erroding the Right to Bear Arms, it's their way or you are a biggot, hate monger, racists, war monger, chickenhawk, sexist, fill in the blank....

One Clinton supporter who was on The O'Rielly factor, said that he now knows what it is like to be a Republican with the unfairness of the mass media. When asked if he thought that FOX News was fair to Hilary, he said that FOX was the most fair out of all the other news networks. Now isnt that a real kick in the pants for the FOX news haters? ;)

I think a lot of us are having the scales fall from our eyes. I think we thought we were all in this together. Now it's clear that white women were just being used.

Well I'm glad you found us. And I couldn't agree more about Obama using so many words to say absolutely nothing. I don't even like the Clintons but felt the attacks of racism from the Obama supporters were ridiculous and unwarrented. No doubt, IMO, any critque of Obama will be labeled racist. Which will prevent any debate and leave any chance of real concerns about his inexperiance and ability to lead this country unanswered.

I think a lot of us are having the scales fall from our eyes. I think we thought we were all in this together. Now it's clear that white women were just being used.
    Wow, Really? You feel that white women were just being used? Interesting.

Why do you feel that way if I may ask?