Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Glad to explain it. I also fear setting bad precedent, but in this case, I think the fears were unwarranted. It is not as if a Military Tribunal is a railroading session. The reason the Govt. wanted this was to keep information out of the press and away from those sympathetic to the terrorists - out of the hands of the enemies - who could use some of the info to counter us in our efforts in the war. As it turned out, the Govt. chose not to use some of it's most convincing evidence and therefore could not even charge Padilla with the most serious crime that he committed.
    Who was Padilla connected with? He wasn't his own operative, certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Oh Lord, I understand your frustration. The more honest you are, the more crazy they make you. And sometimes, certain contractors will call the Congressional representatives and make trouble, so that even though they don't follow the rules, they get priority. I have great sympathy for you. It's a terrible mess!

I'm glad I came here too. This has been an interesting discussion with intelligent people who seem to have real jobs! :) (Sorry, I couldn't resist that.)
    :D We're not all like Eyelids.

DU doesn't want their members to come here, as they'd see that for the most part, we are logical and fair.

Welcome, Elspeth!!
    Hope that you enjoy your experience here!
    It would appear (reading your DU post) that you were not well-accepted there.
    From my own limited experience here, you have entered into a wonderfully open forum, here!

Again, Welcome!!
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade

It is a wonderful board but political posts are not allowed in the Lounge. We have several other forums for that. Since the restoration my powers have been erratic and I can't move this thread to where it belongs. Please don't post politics here.

It disturbs the Force.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    It is a wonderful board but political posts are not allowed in the Lounge. We have several other forums for that. Since the restoration my powers have been erratic and I can't move this thread to where it belongs. Please don't post politics here.

It disturbs the Force.
    The labels are kind of confusing, louge and general discussion? I does not comput lolz.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by MstrBlue View Post
    Welcome, Elspeth!!
    Hope that you enjoy your experience here!
    It would appear (reading your DU post) that you were not well-accepted there.
    From my own limited experience here, you have entered into a wonderfully open forum, here!

Again, Welcome!!
    Thank you, and, no, I wasn't well accepted there. It kind of surprised me. There's a gang mentality over there and I think I fell afoul of them early on. What bothered me most is that they could call me almost any name, no matter how reasonable or polite I was. Yet I was the one who got threads locked. I never quite understood that, except that the certain cliques with time on their hands must have alerted on every one of my posts. I would ask the mods why things were removed and, usually, get no answer.

Power CUer

It disturbs the Force.
    I am sorry I posted in the wrong place. I was trying to introduce myself and didn't quite know where to put things. I am loathe to disturb the Force, so I will follow your instructions to the letter. :)

Thanks.

I am sorry I posted in the wrong place. I was trying to introduce myself and didn't quite know where to put things. I am loathe to disturb the Force, so I will follow your instructions to the letter. :)

Thanks.
    That's okay, you're new. We try to confine the Lounge to severed penis stories, beer antics, the weather, and extramarital affairs. :p

Hopefully, we will have all our former forums restored shortly including the fabled Welcome Wagon.

Power CUer
    That's okay, you're new. We try to confine the Lounge to severed penis stories, beer antics, the weather, and extramarital affairs. :p

Hopefully, we will have all our former forums restored shortly including the fabled Welcome Wagon.
    Ah, I see. My thread doesn't quite fit that description. :)

A Welcome Wagon is actually a nice idea. It's hard to get to know people when you're new.

Ah, I see. My thread doesn't quite fit that description. :)
    Not yet. LOL! ;)