Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Because Lanie thinks us Conservatives are cruel and bloodthirsty. :eek::)
    Of course. :D

Just kidding.

It's just I've seen it in the news. The idea is to make an example out of a kid. It's not even about justice, just setting an example.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PB2012 View Post
    Im surpirsed that the cashier gave the kid money.
    I mean I guess he/she didnt know it wasnt a real gun, but I think I would laugh at a little kid trying to hold up a store.
    Either way, I think the kid should spend a few nights in the slammer so he can see what he did was wrong
    Several years ago a 12 year old kid snatched a lady purse and ran off on his bicycle. Guy in a truck followed and stopped him; the kid pulled out a gun, shot and killed him. This happened about a mile from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    He was 11, and he didn't kill anyone. He can still be rehabilitated. If he had killed someone in the process, the odds for rehabilitation would be much lower. Maybe in the process of the juvenile justice system, he'll get a good mentor or get placed with a good foster family after completing a treatment program.

He probably will need some good male role models to make it to adulthood successfully-I know that sounds trivial, but it is so important.
    All true. It is also sadly, unlikely.

If you always do what you've always done,
    You'll always get what you've always gotten.

There are too many things that have to change in this young man's life to make a positive change likely. It is regretable that today's society will make most of the necessary changes politically sensitive and therefore off the table for consideration.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Yea, nothing like a stint in Juvi to "rehabilitate" someone.

Rehabilitation is a myth. Once a criminal, always a criminal.

There are different kinds of juvies for different age groups and types of offenders-the state-run programs are usually the high-security type for the worst of the worst. There are then a whole lot of private and church-run agencies, like Boys Town or Boysville, that work with younger and/or less dangerous juveniles. Most of these kinds of programs have a higher success rates with kids who complete their programs.

The only shame here is that nobody in the store had a Carry permit.
    **** Obama and **** you too.