Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Government Wants Your Individual Obesity Rating By 2014 
    Government Wants Your Individual Obesity Rating By 2014

Submitted by KC Kelly Ph.D. on 2010-07-16

All Americans, by 2014 will be required to have an individual obesity rating electronically recorded. It has been determined that under the new health stimulus law passed by President Barack Obama recently, that all Americans, by 2014, will be required to have electronic health records which will include their height, weight and body mass index (BMI).

BMI is a formula that calculates ones body measurements, including height and weight, in order to come up with an individual obesity rating. Calculation of BMI is the preferred method of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for measuring obesity and coming up with an obesity rating, which is the measure of a person’s body fat percentage.

Regina Benjamin, the U.S. Surgeon Genera stated that according to the CDC, “BMI provides a reliable indicator of body fatness for most people and is used to screen for weight categories that may lead to health problems.”

America has been criticized for being a nation that actually promotes obesity and hence leads American's to have health issues. The new health regulation also stipulates that the electronic records, including BMI will be able to quickly send individual health records as public health data to state and federal health agencies such as the HHS and the CDC.

The new obesity-rating regulation will be enforced in every American's electronic health record. The regulation states that it must, “Calculate body mass index. Automatically calculate and display body mass index (BMI) based on a patient’s height and weight.” In addition, these electronic health records will be available for viewing on a national exchange. Seems a bit invasive, say many, but there will be security measures in place on these electronic records to try to help with privacy.

Huliq

Power CUer
    I can get into "Huliq" whatever that is, but can't get into the article itself. It's very poorly written (by a "PhD", no less), so this will remain in the rumor category for me until I see other news on it.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Drudge has a link to a CNS news story. There are quotes of the actual regs and from the usual administration suspects...

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/69436

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I can get into "Huliq" whatever that is, but can't get into the article itself. It's very poorly written (by a "PhD", no less), so this will remain in the rumor category for me until I see other news on it.
    I used Huliq because the Drudge link overwhelmed the servers at the original site (for a minute, anyway). It does look pretty real right now and it's being widely reported. Now, this is not exactly a wildly unorthodox piece of data to have in a health record but the thought of all those fat people being outraged cheered me up this morning so I thought I'd post it. :p

Banned
    They can come and get mine personally. I can promise them, the last 300 yards will be a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I used Huliq because the Drudge link overwhelmed the servers at the original site (for a minute, anyway). It does look pretty real right now and it's being widely reported. Now, this is not exactly a wildly unorthodox piece of data to have in a health record but the thought of all those fat people being outraged cheered me up this morning so I thought I'd post it. :p
    But it begs the question, why does the government want to track it and what will they do with it?

Now, this is not exactly a wildly unorthodox piece of data to have in a health record but the thought of all those fat people being outraged cheered me up this morning so I thought I'd post it. :p
    Strange. I thought you were in the "First they came for my..." camp.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    ...this will remain in the rumor category for me until I see other news on it.
    But once it becomes true you'll be OK with it, correct? It's the lib thing to do.

the thought of all those fat people being outraged cheered me up this morning so I thought I'd post it. :p
    Any word from Shannon yet?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Strange. I thought you were in the "First they came for my..." camp.
    Oh, I am. I will do whatever I can to protect the right of porkers to eat Little Debbies in full view of school children on every American street.

I'm amused because a significant percentage of those people squealed in delight whenever smokers were insulted or marginalized.