Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    I think that the scariest horror movies are not necessarily the ones with the goriest effects, the psychological terror is much worse than blood and thunder.
    Agreed. The "hockey mask" type scare-flicks usually just make me yell at the sheer stupidity of the bimbos walking through the woods at night...but then again, they can be fun to watch sometimes.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I prefer to be both scared and amused. :D
    Kinda like posting on here, eh? :D
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Agreed. The "hockey mask" type scare-flicks usually just make me yell at the sheer stupidity of the bimbos walking through the woods at night...but then again, they can be fun to watch sometimes.
    I agree, they can be good fun but almost never scary. Unlike something like 'The Ring' (the original version) in which you had to supply your own horror or the older movies like the Wickerman which had to do everything via the plot rather than rely on effects.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Oh yeah.

Also movies like The Exorcist, The Ring, and others. Jaws did have a bunch of "stuff that jumps out at you" elements, but it was a very scary movie despite that. I liked House of 1000 Corpses, the horror wasn't based on gore and stjoay, but there was plenty of it anyways.
    Good ones. Jaws just plain scared the bejesus out of me as a kid, as did The Exorcist to my brother, who literally would wake up screaming after he saw it once. The Ring was an intelligently-done horror flick that didn't rely on a whole lot of gore to be horrifying. And I like Rob Zombie's stuff, well, because he is a scary dude with a twisted and warped mind.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I don't understand anyone's fascination with horror.
    I have seen a few of the classics Psycho, The Exorcist (that may be all) and just had nightmares and felt sick. Why do you want to see these things?
    LL...you're officially OFF my CU Cool People List...I hope you're happy! :mad:

(Kidding...to each his or her own...I hate musicals...all that singing and dancing...ewww)

Oh, I am far from cool. :o I wish I understood the interest. I was such a wussy, scared cat as a child and I guess I still am. I remember seeing The Portrait of Dorian Grey at 17 and sleeping with my parents!

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Did you just say that watching bimbos is fun?:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I remember seeing The Portrait of Dorian Grey at 17 and sleeping with my parents!
    That's just pathetic, LL.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III