Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Bachmann forms Tea Party Caucus 
    We just won't go away. Good for her.

Republicans have been wrangling for more than a year over how exactly to handle the tea party movement, but now Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) is bringing them under the big tent.

The House Administration committee, which usually takes days to approve something of this nature, approved Bachmann's request to create a House Tea Party Caucus in a day. It will certainly give the national movement a more official voice within the House Republican Conference.

Bachmann, already a hero within the tea party, sent a letter to House Administration Chairman Robert Brady (D-Pa.) Thursday to register the House Tea Party Caucus to serve as an “informal group of members dedicated to promote Americans’ call for fiscal responsibility, adherence to the Constitution and limited government.”

Bachmann, in a statement, said Americans have “had enough of the spending, bureaucracy and the government-knows-best mentality running rampant today throughout the halls of Congress.”
    Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz0u2zfqeWU
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

I'm surprised the Dem's didn't try to stonewall this.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Now Bachman is someone I'd support for President.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I agree with that.
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    MSnBC's Dylan Ratigan said several times on his show that she Bachman is full of crap and of course he had guests on that repeated the same thing.

Did you see the lady tea partier that said, you can call us what you want But what's important is what we answer to.

Beck says, we're being divided. Yes we are. And that division is being perpetrated by the left. I get the feeling they know exactly what their goal is.

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    MSnBC's Dylan Ratigan said several times on his show that she Bachman is full of crap and of course he had guests on that repeated the same thing.

Did you see the lady tea partier that said, you can call us what you want But what's important is what we answer to.

Beck says, we're being divided. Yes we are. And that division is being perpetrated by the left. I get the feeling they know exactly what their goal is.
    Most countries are divided over many issues, and have been for centuries. It is the normal state of affairs. Also individuals will flip flop depending on the issue at hand.

Good to see you!
    -Edward Langley

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I'm surprised the Dem's didn't try to stonewall this.
    Have no fear; democrats have target her as their #1 candidate to defeat in Nov. This will just make them and the media go after her more.

I would vote for her. However, her accomplishments and experience are few and far between. Plus, as others have stated that without a super majority, a Repub President will get little done. I disagree with that assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The only reason I say NO to her as President is because I don't want to loose her as my Congresswoman. ;)
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Have no fear; democrats have target her as their #1 candidate to defeat in Nov. This will just make them and the media go after her more.

I would vote for her. However, her accomplishments and experience are few and far between. Plus, as others have stated that without a super majority, a Repub President will get little done. I disagree with that assessment.
    So far she is quite ahead in the polls. It's still a long way to go, but so far so good.
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Banned
    Ya, now she can defend BP from the Tea Party platform.