Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    This can still be prevented this November, tell your friends.
    Outside of the cyber world I don't know anyone in real life who actually wanted this, but I hear you.

And this is how the BMI can be abused, folks . . . VIA Red Eye:

Mass. Parents Angry Over Kids Sent Home With 'Fat Reports'

Published July 17, 2010
    NewsCore

EXCERPT:

Massachusetts parents are angry and dismayed over a public school policy that sees students getting sent home with “fat letters,” myFOXboston.com reported late Friday.

Many schools across the state began sending Body Mass Index (BMI) reports and letters home with students in order to flag possible obesity issues to parents.

"To have a piece of paper like this come home in their backpack with them is very, very concerning to me," said mother Lori-Ann Sumner, whose nine-year-old daughter Shelby -- an active gymnast and athlete -- was characterized as “borderline overweight.”

"Her BMI was 19.43, which brought her to 84.38 percent, and 85th percentile is considered overweight,” said social worker Sumner, who is worried that children and parents will take the information in the wrong way.

Linky and stuff...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    In the coming years, we are all about to be fitted with our very own personalized electronic straight jacket. You won't be allowed to make a single move without the government's hot breath on the back of your neck. It will be a nightmare that most people probably can't even comprehend.

At least the government will know ahead of time what size of electronic straight jacket you will need!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    At least the government will know ahead of time what size of electronic straight jacket you will need!
    LOL! Now that's funny!

On a more serious note, I expect we will see rates of bulimia and anorexia just skyrocket. :(

Quote Originally Posted by DU+NU_Reject View Post
    It's interesting that you've lived to be 71 :p

Save for the smoking and drinking (and insulin-dependent diabetes), I'm the same way.
    Grandpa smoked and drank all his life, and died of old age at 90 in 1936...

Dad smoked and drank all his life, and died of old age at 91 in 1986...

...it's a family tradition!

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    LOL! Now that's funny!

On a more serious note, I expect we will see rates of bulimia and anorexia just skyrocket. :(
    In which case, we will have a new crisis, requiring social workers, medical intervention and even more government spending! And, more scrawny, photogenic waifs for the fashion industry to promote (and for Roman Polanski to hit on). It's a win-win for the left.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Grandpa smoked and drank all his life, and died of old age at 90 in 1936...

Dad smoked and drank all his life, and died of old age at 91 in 1986...

...it's a family tradition!
    It seems, so are wierd suits. :p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    It seems, so are wierd suits. :p

~QC
    Grandpa's pic was taken in 1919 when Dad (in uniform) returned from occupation duty in Germany. Dad's suit was okay in the seventies when everything was wierd!

BTW, I'm wearing one of my serial numbered imported Harris tweed sport coats. Nothin' weird or cheap about that! :p

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

The big Cheese
    Mine is 34.7

I am 6'1" and 263 lbs.

course I also train for powerlifting and scottish athletics so my lean body mass is way above everage.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Grandpa's pic was taken in 1919 when Dad (in uniform) returned from occupation duty in Germany. Dad's suit was okay in the seventies when everything was wierd!

BTW, I'm wearing one of my serial numbered imported Harris tweed sport coats. Nothin' weird or cheap about that! :p
    If you're trying to tell me, you're weird, and you have money, the proper word is "eccentric". . . my bosses are (self-MADE) millionaires, and they are eccentric. :p

~QC