Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Ah, veritable paragons of trustworthiness at this point.

NOAA: June, April to June, and Year-to-Date Global Temperatures are Warmest on Record
    July 15, 2010

Last month’s combined global land and ocean surface temperature made it the warmest June on record and the warmest on record averaged for any April-June and January-June periods, according to NOAA. Worldwide average land surface temperature was the warmest on record for June and the April-June period, and the second warmest on record for the year-to-date (January-June) period, behind 2007.

The monthly analysis from NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center, which is based on records going back to 1880, is part of the suite of climate services NOAA provides government, business and community leaders so they can make informed decisions.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories...obalstats.html
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post

Ah, veritable paragons of trustworthiness at this point. I hear Bernie Madoff has started a new mutual fund. You should get in on it before it's too late.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Ah, veritable paragons of trustworthiness at this point. I hear Bernie Madoff has started a new mutual fund. You should get in on it before it's too late.
    Ah, right. I had almost forgotten just how big the conspiracy really is.

So, who would you accept as a reliable source for global temperature data? DU+NU_Reject?
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Ah, right. I had almost forgotten just how big the conspiracy really is.

So, who would you accept as a reliable source for global temperature data? DU+NU_Reject?
    At this point? Empirical evidence. Climate science has marginalized itself by allowing itself to be politicized. I wouldn't trust them with my lunch.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

At this point? Empirical evidence. Climate science has marginalized itself by allowing itself to be politicized. I wouldn't trust them with my lunch.
    Temperature data is available to the public. Feel free to plot your own graphs and present them.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Temperature data is available to the public. Feel free to plot your own graphs and present them.
    Data obtained/recorded by whom? Someone who will lose their job or funding if the findings aren't those desired by the folks with the checkbook? Sorry, TNO, but these "scientists" have forfeited their credibility except to their fellow parishioners and the preachers awaiting the filled offering plates.

Data obtained/recorded by whom?
    Evil scientists with a dark purpose!
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Evil scientists with a dark purpose!
    Not dark, just human. It is called self-preservation. They are the ones who accepted the unholy union with the political class and now they are trapped in its insidious grip. They have become unwitting accomplices in a political agenda and now their professional and financial futures hang in the balance. I suspect that if the public's declining belief in the AGW canard continues, you will find climatologists, et al, defecting in droves as the politicians lose their grip on them. When this whole thing is an amusing and embarrassing footnote in history, I hope that science will have learned a valuable lesson in dangers of dancing with the devil.

Not dark, just human. It is called self-preservation. They are the ones who accepted the unholy union with the political class and now they are trapped in its insidious grip. They have become unwitting accomplices in a political agenda and now their professional and financial futures hang in the balance. I suspect that if the public's declining belief in the AGW canard continues, you will find climatologists, et al, defecting in droves as the politicians lose their grip on them. When this whole thing is an amusing and embarrassing footnote in history, I hope that science will have learned a valuable lesson in dangers of dancing with the devil.
    Drivel. Scientists who study climate are more than intelligent enough to get high paying consulting jobs or engineering jobs in the private sector. There is no reason in the world for them to engage in the type of fraud you believe they're engaging in. To put it in other words, where the fuck is Michael Mann's yacht?
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Drivel. Scientists who study climate are more than intelligent enough to get high paying consulting jobs or engineering jobs in the private sector. There is no reason in the world for them to engage in the type of fraud you believe they're engaging in. To put it in other words, where the fuck is Michael Mann's yacht?
    John Kerry's got it.