Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Actually, I expect him to get a job, quit living off his wife and the money he steals from taxpayers.
    A worthless liberturd getting off his fat lazy welfare steeling ass and make his life worth value to society that he waste his time demonizing as uncaring and raciest?

Too much effort, he has websites to troll that is more important then getting a JOB!
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

The big Cheese
    good fricken grief this is getting old.....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    the American people gave the Democrats more votes than the Republicans.

In 4 of the last 5 Presidential elections the American people wanted the Democrats in the WH.

Just stating the facts, thats all.

Do you really think the American people will give the GOP the votes this time ? ...of course not.

There is ONE reason the stats are not 5 of the last 5 ...and that reason is 9-11.

Discuss:
    How about the fact that only 1/2 of the eligible voters participate in elections, meaning that the results don't really show what the American people want? Shoots a nice big hole in your theory eh?
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    How about the fact that only 1/2 of the eligible voters participate in elections, meaning that the results don't really show what the American people want? Shoots a nice big hole in your theory eh?
    So what? Fuck those people. If they dont care enough to vote they shouldn't be bitching.

Civics 101 - Electoral college

Put down the bong and Cheetos and pay attention next time

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    Civics 101 - Electoral college

Put down the bong and Cheetos and pay attention next time
    I am just saying what the voters wanted.

When the President wins an election , he doesn't cater to the EC you fool.

It matters what the people want.

7. #17 Go 
    I was just stating what the American people wanted, thats all.
    You mean like on Health Care and the Arizona Immigration law?
    ________
    BDSM SPANKING
    Last edited by obx; 03-21-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    So what? Fuck those people. If they dont care enough to vote they shouldn't be bitching.
    I actually agree with footsie here. Now, as for the real truth, let's put this in general terms(I am not including votes for fringe parties):

1992: People voting for Clinton-44,909,806(43%) People not voting for Clinton-58,848,371(54.4%) Meaning, most Americans didn't want Clinton as their president. Had Perot not run, Bush 41 would have won this election.

1996: People voting for Clinton-47,401,185(49.2%) People not voting for Clinton-47,282,763(49.1%) Meaning he won this by the hair of his chinny chin chin. But once again he did not garner a majority of the popular vote. Not even half. Hell, I voted for the National Tax Payer Party guy.

2000: Gore-50,999,897(48.4%) Bush-50,456,002(47.9%) The big thing here is that Gore couldn't carry his home state. If he had been able to carry Tennessee, Florida would not have mattered. Not to mention that when Florida was recounted, the always right down the middle Democratic Party only wanted votes recounted in Democratically heavy districts. However, all things being equal, again, a majority of voters didn't want a Democrat president(or Republican for that matter in 2000). 3 consecutive elections where the Democrat couldn't garner the majority of the vote. Oh, you can thank the near 3 million votes(including mine) that went to Ralph Nader for Gore's loss.

2004: Bush-62,040,610(50.7) Kerry-59,028,444(48.3%) Even with an unpopular war going on, Bush still pretty much mopped the floor with Kerry in this election. Even with the Democrats killing themselves registering people didn't help. And it was reported that a good many of the young people signed up through the Rock the Vote campaign voted for Bush.

2008: Obama-69,456,897(52.9%) McCain-59,934,814(45.7%) Wow. 1 election out of 5 where the Democrat garnered a majority of the vote and this wouldn't have happened had there not been a perfect storm of circumstances. Most of which could be laid at the feet of the Democratic Party. Only 1 other time in my lifetime has a Democrat gotten a majority vote and that was Carter in '76 but even that was only 50.1%. However, in that same lifetime, save for '68 and '00, the GOP candidate won by a considerable margin with 3 of those elections being considered landslides. The Dems haven't won a landslide election since Johnson in '64.

So, you're notion that "In 4 of the last 5 Presidential elections the American people wanted the Democrats in the WH" is complete and utter hogwash because anyone with a brain will tell you that in order for that statement to be true, a majority(over 50%) of voters would have to be voting one way or the other and as we see above, that isn't the case.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 07-26-2010 at 09:28 AM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    If someone is so ignorant of the issues that they choose to sit out elections, I'd prefer that to the alternative of uninformed people lining up in droves to express their preference for the candidate with the best smile, hottest wife or most fawning media coverage.
    I am just saying what the voters wanted.

When the President wins an election , he doesn't cater to the EC you fool.

It matters what the people want.
    Unless it goes against what our elites want, in which case the courts will tell us what we want, whether we like it or not.

I notice that you didn't respond to my point above, about Democrats not getting majorities in three out of five elections. NJCARDFAN made the same case, but supplied the numbers and pointed out that Gore also failed to break into the majority, due to the Nader votes. Instead, you keep parroting the same lines. Do you actually read any of the responses to you or are you just here to practice your typing?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Or the fact that had Perot not run in 1992, Bush 41 would have been elected and there probably would have never been a Clinton presidency.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.