Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupidicus View Post
    About six in ten Americans who were polled continue to express support for the so-called “public option” –- which the Senate appears to have sidelined for now. Views on this haven’t changed recently. As was the case last month, Democrats favor it and Republicans are opposed.
    VIEWS ON PUBLIC OPTION
    Favor 59% 61%
    Oppose 29 28

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/po...in;contentBody
    Fixed to reflect the truth not the drug addled ramblings of a mind numbed robot.

To say that 6 of 10 Americans want The Obumbler's health plan is a lie because they did not poll every single person in America. When they do that come see us with your poll. Till then, the poll that only asked 1031 people their opinions means less than what my dog leaves in the backyard.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post

To say that 6 of 10 Americans want The Obumbler's health plan is a lie because they did not poll every single person in America..
    I agree, and if you had any sense you would see that the public option IS NOT in Obamas plan, and that this poll asks about the public option.

6 in 10 want the public option.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    I agree, and if you had any sense you would see that the public option IS NOT in Obamas plan, and that this poll asks about the public option.

A public OPTION you fucktard. Since you're either too stupid, lazy, or dishonest to look it up, allow me to look up the word option for you:

Main Entry: 1op·tion
    Pronunciation: \ˈäp-shən\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: French, from Latin option-, optio free choice; akin to Latin optare to choose
    Date: 1593

1 : an act of choosing
    2 a : the power or right to choose : freedom of choice b : a privilege of demanding fulfillment of a contract on any day within a specified time c : a contract conveying a right to buy or sell designated securities, commodities, or property interest at a specified price during a stipulated period; also : the right conveyed by an option d : a right of an insured person to choose the form in which payments due on a policy shall be made or applied
    3 : something that may be chosen: as a : an alternative course of action <didn't have many options open> b : an item that is offered in addition to or in place of standard equipment
    4 : an offensive football play in which a back may choose whether to pass or run with the ball —called also option play
    synonyms see choicehttp://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/option
    Did you read any of that? See where it says that an option is something to be chosen? An alternative course of action? An act of choosing? From the Latin "optio" meaning free choice? That means they wouldn't mind a public option or choice. Something they can choose or choose not to participate. Not public option that in your puny mind means to completely control or be the only option. Learn to read and learn to understand before you post such dreck.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

so what.

In economics, the majority is always wrong. - John Kenneth Galbraith

In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place. - Mohandas Gandhi

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

Democracy is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses - H.L. Mencken
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

q6 Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling health care?
    Approve 42 13 68 39 44
    Disapprove 50 82 25 53 48
    DK/NA 8 5 7 8 8
    Hmm, something's a little fishy here. Data's skewed all over the place. Besides, the problem is how "public option" is defined. If people see it as a free handout, then yes, they will be more inclined to support it. However, if they come to the realization that it means higher taxes and the abolishment of private insurance over a period of time, then I don't think you'll have as many supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Uh huh. Then how do you explain that in a recent CBS poll, 49%are against compared to only36% for Obamacare? You can spin things all you want but just because people favor a public option(we'll get to this in a second), doesn't mean that they favor the crap that's being shoved down their throats. As for the public OPTION, they favor just that. An option. What you're ilk wants is not an option but total control. Now, go back and poll that same group of people and ask them if they favor the government plan being the only option and tell me how that poll works out.
    We already have a public option. You have the option to not work, spit out a litter of young'uns, sit back, call the ambulance because you have a sore pinky toe, go to the Emergence Room, let the taxpayers foot the bill. Happens all the time.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidicus View Post

And once again Stupidicus you gloss over the fact that 6 in 10 OF THE 1031 PEOPLE WHO WERE POLLED want the public option. To say that 6 in10 AMERICANS want it is a lie because THEY DID NOT POLL EVERYONE IN AMERICA.

But then again you are a DUmbass and as we know DUmbasses lie, DUmbasses lie all the time.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    And once again Stupidicus you gloss over the fact that 6 in 10 OF THE 1031 PEOPLE WHO WERE POLLED want the public option. To say that 6 in10 AMERICANS want it is a lie because THEY DID NOT POLL EVERYONE IN AMERICA.

But then again you are a DUmbass and as we know DUmbasses lie, DUmbasses lie all the time.
    If you reject this poll , then you reject every single poll ever taken on the planet earth.

Because no poll ever POLLS EVERYBODY.

How fucking stupid are you guys ? ..you are now rejecting a poll because it didn't ask every single American ?

WTF ?

If you reject this poll , then you reject every single poll ever taken on the planet earth.

Because no poll ever POLLS EVERYBODY.

How fucking stupid are you guys ? ..you are now rejecting a poll because it didn't ask every single American ?

WTF ?
    Why are you ignoring both my posts? Because they prove you to be an incredible dunderhead? If so, can't blame you then.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

It's quite possible that those six out of ten assumed that a public option meant "free" healthcare. I'm not surprised that six out of ten were in favor of it. I am surprised that it wasn't more.