Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The CBO estimates that the stimulus put 1.2 million to 2.8 million to work in the first quarter, and boosted GDP between 1.7% and 4.2%.
    Again, I ask where are the 3,000,000 jobs? An estimate is all bullshit. I gave you concrete facts. You give me concrete facts. What stimulus money went to create jobs? And Census jobs do not count. Government jobs do not count. Where in the private sector were jobs created. Give me the data.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You must either be thick headed, a troll looking to stir the shit pot, or just plain stupid. As I said in your other inane thread, the elections of 1992 and '96, a majority of American voters did not want Clinton as their president. But you ignore this.
    I never ever said majority you fucking idiiot. How fucking stupid are you ?

No , Really , how stupid are you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    Then don't make it sound like the Democrats are the choice of America.

Banned
    What stimulus money went to create jobs?.
    Tax cuts.

The GOP says tax cuts create jobs. And never before has so much money been spent so fast on tax cuts as with the stimulus.

Really , how stupid are you ?

Tax cuts.

The GOP says tax cuts create jobs. And never before has so much money been spent so fast on tax cuts as with the stimulus.

Really , how stupid are you ?
    Tax cuts go directly to the people. The Stimulus money went to special interests, cronies, and pork projects. What part of this do you not understand? And allowing people who earn a living to keep more of what they earn is hardly spending. Get a job. Become a tax payer. And then we'll talk.

Banned
    Then don't make it sound like the Democrats are the choice of America.
    In 4 of the last 5 Presidential elections the American people gave the democrats more votes than the republicans , the Dems were the choice of the American people, it'sa written history now buddy.

So , you were wrong , I nevewr said majority , and you called me stupid and told me I can't read , how did that turn out for you ?

There are 31 members online now , and about 150 visitors , those guys are cracking up right about now

Assuming those numbers are true, 800 billion into 3.7 million equates to $216,216 per job. That's not a very efficient way of achieving job growth. Plus, what the CBO doesn't tell you is that most of those jobs are "estimated". That means they not even have existed, such as the jobs that were created and/or towards those phony zip codes. Plus, even if it did create and/or save jobs, they could have been temporary work. Judging by the unemployment situation, I think it's pretty clear that the only thing the stimulus stimulated was government.

As for Bush, you should note that Presidents don't create jobs. Again, as I stated in my other post which you didn't respond to at this point in time, economies do not turn on a dime. You can't simply wave a magic wand and have producers start producing again (unless you're a Keynesian). And if you're going to blame Bush, then you should blame the Democratic congress as well.

Furthermore,
    The Bush tax cuts cost about 2.5 trillion....
    How do tax cuts "cost" something? The only thing that costs something is spending. If the grocery store cuts their price of bread and demand goes up, is that a "cost"? Of course, what you're trying to allude to is that the tax cuts reduced revenue. This, again, is another lie.

Truth hurts huh ?
    Apparently it does, because you seem to be avoiding it.
    America is center left , The republicans said so themselves when they ALL said Obama would be the most liberal president ever , and then he won is a massive landslide , getting more votes than anybody in history.
    America is center-right and you know that. Obama won because a) People were dis-satisfied with the current party in the President and b) Candidate Obama ran on a center-right platform, speaking about issues such as deficit reduction.

And he did not win in a massive landside. 53% is hardly a landslide. 60% is more like a landslide.
    Because you said it yourself:

"In 4 of the last 5 Presidential elections the American people gave the Dems more votes than the GOP , take away 9-11 and it's 5 of 5"

You are certainly implying such a thing.

In 4 of the last 5 Presidential elections the American people gave the democrats more votes than the republicans , the Dems were the choice of the American people, it'sa written history now buddy.

So , you were wrong , I nevewr said majority , and you called me stupid and told me I can't read , how did that turn out for you ?

There are 31 members online now , and about 150 visitors , those guys are cracking up right about now
    Yeah, at your stupidity.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    The stimulus cost 800 billion dollars and created almost 3 million jobs inside of 2 years.

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-mone...ted-job-growth

The Bush tax cuts cost about 2.5 trillion and created about 3 million jobs in 8 years, IF we account every job created in those 8 years to the tax cuts.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/...ord-on-record/

This is why you get zero respect.

These are two different measurements. You are using a net jobs created for Bush, yet you do NOT do the same for Obama.

That would be because if you used the same criteria, Obama would show a net loss of 3.26 Millon jobs.

You need to be making an apples to apples comparison.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Banned
    Tax cuts go directly to the people. The Stimulus money went to special interests, cronies, and pork projects. What part of this do you not understand? And allowing people who earm a living to keep more of what they earn is hardly spending. Get a job. Become a tax payer. And then we'll talk.
    You are saying that the stimulus contained no tax cuts ?

http://money.cnn.com/2009/02/21/news...ulus/index.htm