Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 I Just Met Governor Mike Huckabee, IN PERSON! 
    Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Hi, everyone. I am so happy today! :) Why??

Because I just met Governor Mike Huckabee IN PERSON, after a live taping in NYC of his new Huckabee Show on the FOX network (NOT Fox News).

I shook his hand and told him that he really should run for President again in 2012. His response: "I'm not ruling anything out."

I even got his autograph on my copy of his "Character" book!

I really hope he runs again in 2012. He's a REAL Social Conservative with solid core convictions and a great personality.

It was an awesome experience!
    :)

He seems like a nice down home person, I don't want him to stop doing his show.

Huckabee is a populist not a conservative. But even so - glad you had a good day and are happy about your meeting one of your icons.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    Hi, everyone. I am so happy today! :) Why??

Because I just met Governor Mike Huckabee IN PERSON, after a live taping in NYC of his new Huckabee Show on the FOX network (NOT Fox News).

I shook his hand and told him that he really should run for President again in 2012. His response: "I'm not ruling anything out."

I even got his autograph on my copy of his "Character" book!

I really hope he runs again in 2012. He's a REAL Social Conservative with solid core convictions and a great personality.

It was an awesome experience!
    :)
    To bad Satanicus's half brother is back.

Did you ask this so-called social conservative why he released a violent felon out early who just happened to kill 4 cops in Lakewood, Wa. this last year?

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    Did you ask this so-called social conservative why he released a violent felon out early who just happened to kill 4 cops in Lakewood, Wa. this last year?
    No, I did not ask him that question, obviously I disagreed with that decision. But I can see it from his point of view, as well. Mike Huckabee is a devout Christian, who believes in redemption and forgiveness. He probably felt that the felon deserved a second chance, although obviously, that was a BIG mistake. People make mistakes. And this was one of those times that Huckabee made a mistake. But I would rather have someone like Mike Huckabee, who says what he believes and means what he says, than to have a PHONY like Meg Whitman or Mitt Romney who only worship the almighty dollar, and who could care less if 1.6 million children die each year from abortion, and don't give a crap if a man legally marries another man, or several men, or their dogs!

I'll take a social conservative who will ban abortion and support traditional marriage OVER a "fiscal conservative" who wants to cut taxes and reduce the size of government, but supports abortion, gay "marriage"/adoption & amnesty for illegal aliens ANY DAY!

And I'm PROUD of it!

And I DON'T apologize!

Bleda
    What about someone who is both a fiscal conservative and a social conservative?

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    What about someone who is both a fiscal conservative and a social conservative?
    OK, you forced me to log in again.

Yes, I can DEFINITELY support someone who is BOTH a Fiscal and Social Conservative. I did support Fred Thompson, prior to supporting Mike Huckabee. But Meg Whitman, Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani DO NOT QUALIFY! NO WAY!

When I was working at a University in Arkansas, he came for a dedication. I thought he was incredibly nice. He posed for pictures with all my student workers. At the time he was pretty large and wore a black suit with a white shirt! He looked like a used car salesman but he has really polished up.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    OK, you forced me to log in again.

Yes, I can DEFINITELY support someone who is BOTH a Fiscal and Social Conservative. I did support Fred Thompson, prior to supporting Mike Huckabee. But Meg Whitman, Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani DO NOT QUALIFY! NO WAY!
    Fred Thompson was a dud. I knew it before the hype even began. I liked the guy, and he had the right ideas about the proper role of government, but you could just tell by his public addresses that he didn't have the will or know how to turn ideas into policy. I like Mike Huckabee. I think he's a great guy. His heart is in the right place, but his brain is not. Social conservatives who stand on that pillar alone are going nowhere between now and at least 2016. We need conservatives with their mind on the money. I just don't think Huckabee can bring that type of thought to the table. Look at America right now and ask yourself who cares about gay marriage when families can't keep themselves in a home? I feel the same way about Jan Brewer in my home state of AZ. She signed S.B. 1070 into law, she's expanded the Arizona Castle Doctrine Law to include immunity for the defensive display of a firearm (i.e. brandishing). She's also negated the need for a permit to carry concealed, and a woman's purse is now considered a holster in AZ. I thank her for that, but she still hasn't been able to wrestle the state budget into submission. She doesn't have the political will to make hard choices and cut welfare and state project expenditures. That's why I'm voting for Buzz Mills. He would have made the same choices Brewer made on each of these laws that I praise her for, but on top of that he would have also cut AZHCCS, our state funded public health care system, and moved to require that all public propositions include their own funding within the proposition.

Looking way forward to 2012 we need a candidate who can bring real, fiscal conservatism to the table. We need a candidate who has a plan to cut the chains the government has placed on free markets, and allow free markets to capitalize and grow, and make this nation rich again. Not only that, but we need a candidate who can articulate these ideas, and market them well. I'd like to see Gary Johnson or Barry Goldwater Jr. step up.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense