Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    There a demagoguery that a lot of us are afraid of. Obama looks great on TV and speaks exceptionally well. It takes a critical thinker to realize that he isn't saying anything. I once asked an Obama follower what Obama's plans were for the country and I was directed to a website that mostly talked about "Shedding the Light." When I looked for specifics, one of the "shedding the light" policies was to put government information on the internet. I remarked to the Obama follower that putting government information on the internet (for the purposes of making it more accessible to the public) had been going on for years, and that a friend of mine had actually been in charge of such a project for a Federal agency. I got no answer in response.

That was what scared me. There was nothing concrete in terms of policy but all this feeling. I think that's why older voters were just not snowed in the same way that the younger set was. I personally got the feeling that Obama was in way over his head and would end up being run by others in the end.
    I also think that. It's frightening that so many people use no logic or analysis before voting. The "Change" mantra is alarming. Why can't people realize that change for the sake of change is ludicrous.

I'm praying that there are more thinking Democrats like you that see the fallacy of Obama. There must be, as Hillary did get a majority of the votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    I signed up as Barack Obama.
    Ya forgot your middle name didn't you Hussein?

By the way, welcome Elspeth! I enjoyed reading your opening thread! :)

Quote Originally Posted by du freeper View Post
    Ya forgot your middle name didn't you Hussein?

By the way, welcome Elspeth! I enjoyed reading your opening thread! :)
    Thank you. I've had a very pleasant welcome here.

Eyelids must be someone from DU. There was an odd little group over there that thought I was a guy. I'm not sure why that was: I think their stereotype of a female is someone who backs down, and I never have. They didn't get away with crap with me when they posted, and I think that's why they went after me with insults and alerts to the moderators.

Welcome Elspeth! (I love the name)

There is a wide range of political ideologies here. Republicans for and against McCain, Libertarians for and against, and a few Democrats.

Eyelids is our token idiot. He rarely makes much sense and lies about just about everything. I just pretend he's like a dog humping someone's leg - an embarrassment to all.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Welcome Elspeth! (I love the name)

There is a wide range of political ideologies here. Republicans for and against McCain, Libertarians for and against, and a few Democrats.

Eyelids is our token idiot. He rarely makes much sense and lies about just about everything. I just pretend he's like a dog humping someone's leg - an embarrassment to all.
    LOL! I'll keep my furniture under wraps then. :)

It's good to know that you have some variety. The other thing I've noticed by perusing the threads is that the tone overall tends to be very civil. I don't see one liners like: "You're an [expletive deleted]" It's refreshing.

Eyelids
    Oh Elpseth get over yourself. I had no clue you were a woman...

Eyelids
    Heres how I feel about Elpseth and those like her (men and women alike):

A bunch of immature children far too emotional for politics. They are willing to sacrifice their ideologies and stances on the issues to spite a candidate who is nearly identical in terms of policy to the one they so vigorously supported. People like Elpseth ruin this country every four years, they vote merely on what their emotions tell them and swarm to a hive mentality. When they see exit-polls that suggest a division in the democratic party they rally around these discrepancies instead of reject them. Elpseth, if you really do vote for John McCain I hope you wreap every inch that you've sewn.

I might not like Republicans, but I respect even lacarnut (who for reference hates me because of the color of my skin) more than I do you Elpseth. You are a coward, a follower and a close-minded fool. If god-forbid Hillary Clinton beat Barack Obama I would grudgingly donate $25 to her campaign, buy a Clinton/Whoever bumper sticker and vote for her in November. Elpseth, you are a total fucking child.

Goldwater
    lacarnut hates white people too now?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    lacarnut hates white people too now?
    No. He hates idiots and short people. I wonder which one Eyelids is.

Eyelids
    Note: the lack of response from Phillygirl and Goldwater to the post I made. They want to coddle and welcome Elpseth to the coward's club.