Thread: Site for Hillary Clinton supporters of John McCain Opens

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Homeschooling can do some amazing things. Our public schools are dying, and I think by design. I am almost convinced that the Department of Education was created to destroy public education in America.
    Excellent, already she is turning into me.

Quote Originally Posted by du freeper View Post
    I won't vote for Obama, but like you I have no dog in this hunt. My vote will probably be a write in.

Obama's foreign policy is an incoherent wreck. And it seems like McCain gets confused at times. I think we should have better choices. I'm in Florida which McCain should carry easily so I can vote with little consequences. The Democrats shot themselves in the foot. Obama might just blow a race that was their's to win.

The betting sites where people spend real money have Obama as a 3-2 favorite so we shall see.

Why is your handle dufreeper? What's the significance of it? Were you a Freeper who infiltrated DU or vice versa?

Amen!
    Some day, when I have the energy and inclination, I'll put up a thread on my experiences teaching in public high school. It was an eye-opening experience.

Quote Originally Posted by everyman68 View Post
    Obama's foreign policy is an incoherent wreck. And it seems like McCain gets confused at times. I think we should have better choices. I'm in Florida which McCain should carry easily so I can vote with little consequences. The Democrats shot themselves in the foot. Obama might just blow a race that was their's to win.

The betting sites where people spend real money have Obama as a 3-2 favorite so we shall see.

Why is your handle dufreeper? What's the significance of it? Were you a Freeper who infiltrated DU or vice versa?
    "Freeper" has turned into a generic turn for a conservative that goes stealth at DU for purposes of spying or interrupting. It is a fun game. I think originally the word "Freeper" was coined as a person who belonged to Free Republic. I've never been affiliated with them however. I had a lot of fun at DU "freeping" but don't do it as often any more. I've had this handle for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Excellent, already she is turning into me.
    Actually, it was my experience teaching that convinced me that everything was being done to PREVENT academics in the classroom. The amount of record keeping, standardized test giving, and general behaviorist teaching methods are enough to frustrate any teacher. I began to think that all school was was "baby jail," especially as I taught in a school with big barbed wire fences. Add to that the fact that there was money for all the wrong things, but never any money for things like new textbooks or school repair, and you just begin to wonder.

"Freeper" has turned into a generic turn for a conservative that goes stealth at DU for purposes of spying or interrupting. It is a fun game. I think originally the word "Freeper" was coined as a person who belonged to Free Republic. I've never been affiliated with them however. I had a lot of fun at DU "freeping" but don't do it as often any more. I've had this handle for several years.

DU is a mess.As I said I will vote for Obama with little conviction but the sight of DU if he loses would be a sight to see.We would literally see "weeping and gnashing of teeth".They would deserve it for the hatred they have spewed.

Quote Originally Posted by everyman68 View Post
    DU is a mess.As I said I will vote for Obama with little conviction but the sight of DU if he loses would be a sight to see.We would literally see "weeping and gnashing of teeth".They would deserve it for the hatred they have spewed.

No, they are already making up excuses - the typical one - the Repukes stole it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    No, they are already making up excuses - the typical one - the Repukes stole it!!!
    Have you seen the newest RNC ad?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dl2X5ivmPS4

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Have you seen the newest RNC ad?

That's the first time I'd seen it but I heard that "judgement" was going to be the battle cry.

With Wright, Ayers, Pfleger, and Rezco, it's a logical one

It's nothing we haven't been arguing in the Democratic party ourselves. What a damned mess.

You know, I remember voting for Paul Tsongas in a primary in the 90s. That was back when experiece meant something.