Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Yeah..whatever...

except there is evidence that Georgia may be as much the aggressor....

http://www.tiraspoltimes.com/news/ar...h_ossetia.html

and this..

http://www.civil.ge/eng/article.php?id=7378

Don't be one duped by the MSM...you won't get even a fraction of the truth.
    I guess my thing is that I've been watching Russia from a distance ever since they started selling nukes and since Putin took over. I don't see an innocent country there. I've actually gotten upset to see how friendly we often are with Russia. I'll try to open my mind some though in light of this post.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I guess my thing is that I've been watching Russia from a distance ever since they started selling nukes and since Putin took over. I don't see an innocent country there. I've actually gotten upset to see how friendly we often are with Russia. I'll try to open my mind some though in light of this post.
    There is a lesson here that will be lost to the NeoCons.

After the fall of the Soviet Union we got involved in all kinds of stupid nation building all over the world. We have found out in Georgia that the world is really no safer.

We should just do what our Founding Fathers suggested and stay out of the business of foreign entainglements.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    I dont think .
    Fixed...........Learn some actual history and you'll come to the same conclusion. Putin and the Russians cannot be trusted.

p://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5942816.html
    Last edited by ReaganForRus; 08-14-2008 at 07:28 AM.

John
    All I'm going to say for now is to not believe the spin. I know it's hard to think of Russia as a good guy, but they actually have a strong case once you dissolve all the American spin on this conflict.

I'm not an anti-American, I just know the score.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    All I'm going to say for now is to not believe the spin. I know it's hard to think of Russia as a good guy, but they actually have a strong case once you dissolve all the American spin on this conflict.

Keep reading some of the posts on this subject. The Neocon bullshit is thick lately. Somehow Bush has the moral clarity to tell Russia, and Georgia what they should and shouldn't do in foreign policy when it comes to a sovreign state, and now it's in the U.S. "vital security interest" yet again to get involved.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Keep reading some of the posts on this subject. The Neocon bullshit is thick lately. Somehow Bush has the moral clarity to tell Russia, and Georgia what they should and shouldn't do in foreign policy when it comes to a sovreign state, and now it's in the U.S. "vital security interest" yet again to get involved.
    So you wholly supported President Bush's decision to invade Iraq 'against' the UN's wishes? Because you're saying that no one, especially the United States, has the right to tell one country not to invade another.

BTW, is it still Georgia's fault when Osstian "volunteers" are raping and burning their way through Georgia while being protected by Russian tanks? Is this part of the Russian Peacekeeping mission?

AFA Im concerned, Russians will always be the enemy short of a clear attack on them by China. Hell, they deserve it!

They are no different than they were as the USSR, just smaller but still just as evil and still supplying arms to the worlds commies and other badguys

Our biggest mistake was not kicking their asses after WWII, id rather have let the Nazis have Europe than the fucking Russians
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt

We need to dissolve NATO and find new allies. Georgia would be a good one, as would the Ukraine.

I would trade Georgia and Ukraine as allies over France and Germany.
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post

I agree with what you are saying John. Both sides are pumping the media. We all know that Georgia is in an uber strategic location just like Turkey is. One of the major reasons we were in Turkey to the degree we were during the Cold War was location, location, location.

Quote Originally Posted by Full-Auto View Post
    We need to dissolve NATO and find new allies. Georgia would be a good one, as would the Ukraine.

I would trade Georgia and Ukraine as allies over France and Germany.
    And Romania for Italy. +1