Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post

Papers please.
    You fucking moron. All the law did was to alert the Federal agencies about the **illegal** status of people already in custody or suspected of a crime. In other words, DOING THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENTS JOB.

And if they dont have those two forms of identification? What happens then?
    If they are in the commision of a crime, then they would be arrested for said crime. My god, don't you even have a rudimentary understanding of this law??

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    well? am I a racist?
    Yes. That is by today's definition which encompasses about....well, everything.

KhrushchevsShoe, how the hell can you start a thread like this? You just run away when you can no longer defend your position. You're being intellectually dishonest with yourself. Don't champion for something until you understandand and consider both sides of the conflict. If you can't logically and honestly defend your side, you're not thinking with your brain. Because it makes you "feel good" is not a reasonable argument.

And if they dont have those two forms of identification? What happens then?
    Well, you should always have ID on you regardless if you're a recent immigrant. To simply say that the entire Arizona law should be voided because some people aren't responsible is not a good argument on your part.

So using liberal logic (which really is an oxymoron) since carrying "papers" is a police state thing, the rest of us shouldn't need to carry our ID now?
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Banned
    [I guess we've found out the only thing you guys hate more than government is mexicans.
    Wrong whitebread. Dumb ass Liberals like you are much higher on the totem pole.

Bolton is a liberal. apporved on the Klinton watch. is it any wonder she can't make up her mind???
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
    If they are in the commision of a crime, then they would be arrested for said crime. My god, don't you even have a rudimentary understanding of this law??
    Well, when the president and his merry band if idiots didn't read the law, why should he? Hell, they've passed bills without reading them so why should this be different?

20 E. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER LAW, A PEACE OFFICER MAY LAWFULLY STOP
    21 ANY PERSON WHO IS OPERATING A MOTOR VEHICLE IF THE OFFICER HAS REASONABLE
    22 SUSPICION TO BELIEVE THE PERSON IS IN VIOLATION OF ANY CIVIL TRAFFIC LAW AND
    23 THIS SECTION.
    Wow. I take it you didn't really read this paragraph. You can go to North Dakota and a "peace officer may lawfully stop any person who is operating a motor vehicle if the officer has reasonable suspicion to believe the person is in violation of any civil traffic law". This is true in Idaho and California and NJ and New Hampshire and Kansas and Florida and Washington, DC and any of the other 58 states in this country. Want me to help you out here? K. I'm Joe Patrolman patrolling my area. I get behind a car and said car is swerving. I now have reasonable suspicion that the driver is driving carelessly and may be under the influence. I hit my rollers and pull them over. After I'm done there, I'm at a stop street and a car in the intersecting street goes whizzing past and my radar gun goes off showing a speed of 70 MPH. The speed limit in this area is 45. I now have reasonable suspicion that this driver is speeding. I hit the rollers and sound the siren and pull them over. Hunky dory so far? Then I'm approaching an intersection where the light is green for me, a car goes through the intersecting street without stopping, running the red light. I hit the rollers and siren again and pull them over. This time, the driver is unable to produce any identification, insurance, or a registration. Also, the driver doesn't speak any English. I affect an arrest based on the lack of paperwork for said traffic stop. I now have reasonable suspicion that this person is in the country illegally. And I ask the appropriate questions asking about his immigration status. He says he is here on a work visa and he forgot his identification when I stopped him. He makes a phone call to his family who show up with his ID and other documents for his car and it shows he's in the country legally. I cite him for driving without documents(DL, reg., ins.) and bid him good day. However, if he's unable to show proof of citizenship, I now have to contact ICE to come get him. This is the same as the federal law already on the books.

Reading is fundamental, you know?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Huge victory for those against living in a police state.
    You do understand that by calling America a police state, and comparing it to Hitler's Germany, you are implying that those of us who serve in the armed forces are no different from the Wehrmacht or SS? Just something for you to contemplate when you wonder exactly why I'm so pissed off at you.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!