1. #1 My Funny incident at the Gas Station (Woman and a Hummer) 
    Bounce, bouncy!!Seems the DUmmies are forgetting to use the word "So" to start thier bouncies.
    Hey SR, Hummers are bad!!
    Humdinger

So, this is totally believeable!:D

Pulled up this morning to the local station to get gas ...On the other side of the pump was a Large (not Fat, just Large) Lady filling up a maroon Hummer (the big one).

As I was filling, I gave the Hummer a Look-see...the Lady looked at me and said "I'll trade you".
    (I was driving my truck..a 2005 small Ford Ranger).....

Me: (Smiling)..Ah..thanks but I couldn't afford the fuel.
    Lady: Tell me about it...This Monstrosity drinks gas like I drink Chocolate Malts!
    Me: Laughing
    Lady: This was one of my Husbands Brilliant ideas...the day he brought it home I said "What the Fuck is THAT!!"
    Me: Laughing Much!
    Lady: ..and something else..I'm sick and tired of people shaking their heads at me and frowning or giving me the finger.
    I was thinking of putting a big sign on the side... "My husbands piece of Shit"
    Me: Laughing like hell!
    Lady:I was gonna' sell this "tin box on wheels" but I doubt if anybody is stupid enough to buy it.
    I'll tell you one damn thing..If my husband EVER brings home some Junk Heap like this again, his clothes and stuff is going on the front lawn,,,,maybe Bush or his band of thieves will give him a place to stay.!
    Me: Laughing so hard I was almost crying.

She finished fueling...said good-by and started to leave. I said "Nice talking to you ...been a pleasure."
    Lady: Have a good one, Sir

She was a very likable person...
    My Hummer3 gets about 23 mpg on the highway.

driver8 (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-11-08 09:32 AM
    Response to Original message
    1. That is a great story.
    It's nice that she had a sense of humor about it.

I am surprised at how many of those pieces of shit I see on the road. I cannot imagine having to put gas in one of those things.

A bouncy inside of a bouncy!

GliderGuider (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-11-08 10:30 AM
    Response to Reply #3
    14. There was one on display in a nearby mall a couple of years ago...
    I got some 3x5 index cards, wrote "How many miles to the Iraqi does this thing get?" and put them under the wipers and in the side windows. I then stood back and watched. A lot of people came up and read them, but nobody took them off in the hour I watched.

The best reaction was when a boy of about 12 came up and read it. He ran and grabbed his dad and younger sister, pulled them over and showed them the card. Dad read it, laughed and then spent several minutes in a serious conversation with his kids. I was too far away to hear, but it looked like an important lesson got taught.
    HaHaHaHa

PCIntern (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-11-08 09:56 AM
    Response to Original message
    5. did you get her phone #?
    sounds like she's in the market for a smart liberal...a few around here might be interested. DU Dating Service

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

I don't doubt that entire conversation took place, up until the ",maybe Bush or his band of thieves will give him a place to stay.!" part. I had a guy say something to me last week when I put $10 worth of gas in my car. He said "$10 nowadays won't get you too far." to which I responded "It will get me close to 100 miles." He was climbing into an F350 and said "Wanna trade cars?" No thanks, I'm happy with what I got.

I know quite a few people that have vehicles that get poor mileage that are always making jokes at themselves about it, they're just finding the humor in the situation, not going on the latest BFEE conspiracy.
    Hello, welcome to the United States of America.
    Please press 1 for English. If you can't please press 2 to disconnect until you learn how to speak English. Thank you.

"The best reaction was when a boy of about 12 came up and read it. He ran and grabbed his dad and younger sister, pulled them over and showed them the card. Dad read it, laughed and then spent several minutes in a serious conversation with his kids. I was too far away to hear, but it looked like an important lesson got taught. "..........

The dad told the kids "This is why you never trust DUmmies, they actually think that they matter by putting 3x5 cars on peoples cars. You need to do well in school, listen to your mother and me because we love you very much, and lead your targets when shooting. Other than that who wants to go to McDonalds?':D

Patent Member
    According to this the DUmmie's 2005 Ford Ranger gets 16/21 MPG.

Not a lot better than the 8 cyl. H3's 13/16.