Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Fantasy Football chat 
    There has to be at least one other person on this forum that likes to play fantasy football.:D Anyways, I've been playing fantasy football for 9 seasons (this year will be my 10th season). Although I've developed my own personal strategy and plan from 9 years of experience, I am still very much interested into other people's strategy and plan in fantasy football. For those of you that will be playing fantasy football this year, have fun.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by PC Guy View Post
    There has to be at least one other person on this forum that likes to play fantasy football.:D Anyways, I've been playing fantasy football for 9 seasons (this year will be my 10th season). Although I've developed my own personal strategy and plan from 9 years of experience, I am still very much interested into other people's strategy and plan in fantasy football. For those of you that will be playing fantasy football this year, have fun.
    OUr league should be forming soon! Looking forward to trashing you! Ralph should start it soon!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

This will make my 10 season also. Last year I finished 1st for the first time ever. One thing I learned that really helped me is to participate in as many mock drafts as you can stand. See who others are drafting and take notes. That way you get the benefit of others reasearch not just your own.
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

Quote Originally Posted by warpig View Post
    This will make my 10 season also. Last year I finished 1st for the first time ever.
    *Personal high five to you in regards to your 10th season and 1st place finish.*

One thing I learned that really helped me is to participate in as many mock drafts as you can stand. See who others are drafting and take notes. That way you get the benefit of others reasearch not just your own.
    I have been playing a number of mock drafts in CBS Sports' fantasy football. Of course one's own analysis and strategy will have to be tweaked based on the person's spot number, which owner actually shows up on draft day, and which owner does something unconventional. But generally speaking, the way I've done my draft is:
    1) Take the best available player at RB, QB, WR, and TE (in that order),
    2) Add depth at RB and WR
    3) Take Team Defense
    4) Take Kicker
    5) Take reserves (or the more appropriate term would be bye-week replacements :D)
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." Ronald Reagan

*Personal high five to you in regards to your 10th season and 1st place finish.*

I have been playing a number of mock drafts in CBS Sports' fantasy football. Of course one's own analysis and strategy will have to be tweaked based on the person's spot number, which owner actually shows up on draft day, and which owner does something unconventional. But generally speaking, the way I've done my draft is:
    3) Take Team Defense
    4) Take Kicker
    5) Take reserves (or the more appropriate term would be bye-week replacements :D)
    So are you going to join our league? And hopefully school us! :D

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    All I know is I want my crown back.:mad:
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    So are you going to join our league? And hopefully school us! :D
    Nah. I've already signed up with CBS Sports' fantasy football. But I'm still interested in how everyone else's draft goes.:D

Nah. I've already signed up with CBS Sports' fantasy football. But I'm still interested in how everyone else's draft goes.:D
    Chicken! Its a free league just for braggin rights!

3) Take Team Defense
    4) Take Kicker
    The league I've played in we always give higher points for running backs so that is what I usually pick first.
    Usually
    1. RB
    2. WR
    3. QB
    4. RB
    5. TE
    6.WR
    7. DEF
    8. Kicker

Of course this depends on how every one else is picking.

Helps too if you pick the WR on the same team as your QB...... points double up.
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

The league I've played in we always give higher points for running backs so that is what I usually pick first.
    Usually
    1. RB
    2. WR
    3. QB
    4. RB
    5. TE
    6.WR
    7. DEF
    8. Kicker

Of course this depends on how every one else is picking.

Helps too if you pick the WR on the same team as your QB...... points double up.
    Interesting. CBS Sports' Fantasy Football is a little bit more generous towards QB and quite generous to DEF. In regards to QB, passing TD count for the full 6 points instead of 4. As for DEF, it's combined with the Special Team and so it's labeled as DST (defense + special team), which means a TD scored by the special team will be counted as if the defense scored it themselves. In addition, there is a point system for total yards allowed and there are no negative points for DST.