Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seems we have found Satanica's missing left sock.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Seems we have found Satanica's missing left sock.
    Nah, I verified his story. Unless Satanicus drove up to Jacksonville today, this is someone else.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Nah, I verified his story. Unless Satanicus drove up to Jacksonville today, this is someone else.
    Dude, I live in Jacksonville, don't scare me like that. We'd have to take the city out and have it cleaned afterwards.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Dude, I live in Jacksonville, don't scare me like that. We'd have to take the city out and have it cleaned afterwards.
    Is that so? I might be swinging through Jacksonville next year to visit a friend in the Navy.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Are these the same economists that failed to predict sub-prime lending was a bad idea, and that the banks were grossly overextended, and that no matter how clever you think you are debt should not be passed off as an asset? What evidence do you have that economists have a f-ing clue.

from your link:

The paper, by Alan S. Blinder, a Princeton professor and former vice chairman of the Fed, and Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody’s Analytics, represents a first stab at comprehensively estimating the effects of the economic policy responses of the last few years.

Hmm, where have I heard these names before?

Wiki article on Blinder:

"Cash for Clunkers"

Blinder was an early advocate of a "Cash for Clunkers" program, in which the government buys some of the oldest, most-polluting vehicles and scraps them. In July 2008, he wrote an article in The New York Times advocating such a program,[11] which was implemented by the Obama administration during the summer of 2009.[12] Blinder asserted it could stimulate the economy, benefit the environment, and reduce income inequality.[11] The program was both praised for exceeding expectations,[13] and criticized for economic and environmental reasons.[14][15][16]
    And on Zandi:

Zandi's analysis of the impact of an economic stimulus package on the US economy was cited by Christina Romer and Jared Bernstein in their report on President Barack Obama's proposed American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan.[4]
    Note the "American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan" is better known as the Stimulus. So this jackoff helped shaped the Stimulus.

Yeah, two economists whose works advocated for, or influenced, the bailout schemes... authored a paper saying Golly, Gee, the bailout schemes we advocated for worked! Do you think perhaps they have an interest in people thinking the stimulus worked?
    Last edited by m00; 07-29-2010 at 04:22 PM.

This just in... m00 writes a crucial and ground-breaking research paper that he's awesome. Now I'm going to phone the NYT, maybe they can write a story about how awesome I am, now that my awesomeness is proven beyond any scientific doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    from your link:

The paper, by Alan S. Blinder, a Princeton professor and former vice chairman of the Fed, and Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody’s Analytics, represents a first stab at comprehensively estimating the effects of the economic policy responses of the last few years.

Hmm, where have I heard these names before?

Wiki article on Blinder:

"Cash for Clunkers"

Blinder was an early advocate of a "Cash for Clunkers" program, in which the government buys some of the oldest, most-polluting vehicles and scraps them. In July 2008, he wrote an article in The New York Times advocating such a program,[11] which was implemented by the Obama administration during the summer of 2009.[12] Blinder asserted it could stimulate the economy, benefit the environment, and reduce income inequality.[11] The program was both praised for exceeding expectations,[13] and criticized for economic and environmental reasons.[14][15][16]
    And on Zandi:

Zandi's analysis of the impact of an economic stimulus package on the US economy was cited by Christina Romer and Jared Bernstein in their report on President Barack Obama's proposed American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan.[4]
    Note the "American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan" is better known as the Stimulus. So this jackoff helped shaped the Stimulus.

Yeah, two economists whose works advocated for, or influenced, the bailout schemes... authored a paper saying Golly, Gee, the bailout schemes we advocated for worked! Do you think perhaps they have an interest in people thinking the stimulus worked?
    Just what I wanted to see- Muchas Gracias

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/28/bu...lout.html?_r=2

Let me add that I do NOT believe this to be true. I was looking for feedback on this and thus I should have questioned the write up

Well, THIS economist says bullshit.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.