1. #1 Tropical Storm forms in the Atlantic Ocean 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    No surprise here...

(CNN) -- Tropical Depression Four strengthened into a tropical storm overnight, but it was not expected to hit land, the National Hurricane Center said Tuesday.

The tropical storm was named Colin, and it was churning in the Atlantic Ocean, about 945 miles east of the Lesser Antilles islands, the center said.

Tropical Storm Colin had maximum sustained winds of about 40 mph, the hurricane center said in its 5 a.m. ET advisory.

Tracking maps show the storm system turning northwest in the Atlantic in the next couple days but did not show the system hitting land.

May the FORCE be with you!

So much for this being another record year. 2005 was already up to the H by this point.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Every 3 to 5 years, a hurricane knocks the power out here for up to 7 days. Gustave did a great deal of damage 2 years ago. So, I am in the market for a stand alone natural gas generator. If I ever sell my house, it will add value.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Man-O-man!!! This TS looks like a killer!!! :eek:
    May the FORCE be with you!