1. #1 Al-Qaeda cell killed by Black Death 'was developing biological weapons' 
    Published: 6:52AM GMT 20 Jan 2009

The group of 40 terrorists were reported to have been killed by the plague at a training camp in Algeria earlier this month.

It was initially believed that they could have caught the disease through fleas on rats attracted by poor living conditions in their forest hideout.

But there are now claims the cell was developing the disease as a weapon to use against western cities.

Experts said that the group was developing chemical and biological weapons.

Dr Igor Khrupinov, a biological weapons expert at Georgia University, told The Sun: "Al-Qaeda is known to experiment with biological weapons. And this group has direct communication with other cells around the world.

"Contagious diseases, like ebola and anthrax, occur in northern Africa. It makes sense that people are trying to use them against Western governments."

Dr Khrupinov, who was once a weapons adviser to the Soviet president Mikhail Gorbachev, added: "Instead of using bombs, people with infectious diseases could be walking through cities."

It was reported last year that up to 100 potential terrorists had attempted to become postgraduate students in Britain in an attempt to use laboratories.

Ian Kearns, from the Institute for Public Policy Research, told the newspaper: "The biological weapons threat is not going away. We're not ready for it."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...l-weapons.html
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Hoist by their own retard.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Hoist by their own retard.
    Yea . . . . kinda give you hope for DU doesn't it ;)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Bleda
    I read an article about al-Qaeda's pursuit of WMD a few months ago. This is terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I read an article about al-Qaeda's pursuit of WMD a few months ago. This is terrifying.
    Don't you read DU? Nothing to worry about. Al Qaeda doesn't exist. It's a CIA front.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Don't you read DU? Nothing to worry about. Al Qaeda doesn't exist. It's a CIA front.

"The only thing we have to fear, is the CIA itself..."

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis