Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Why the very public trials this close to Nov.? One would think the Dims would want this out of the spotlight.
    true. that aspect does stink . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Why the very public trials this close to Nov.? One would think the Dims would want this out of the spotlight.
    I am sure they do. However, you have to look into the minds of previous politicians like Clinton, Traficant, etc. that have gotten their hands caught in the cookie jar. They honest to God do not think that they have done anything wrong. That bending a few rules here and there is a minute infraction for all the wonderful things that they have done for the little people. If that is not insanity, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    I have a hunch. It's just a hunch, but the Rangel, Waters things make me suspicious.

If the Repubs recapture Congress, or even one House, they can at the least stop the anointed one's agenda.

If, though, in the two remaining years of the magic negro's administration, the economy doesn't come back or things don't improve noticeably, the dems will go into 2012 pointing to the Republicans as being the reason. And, considering the American voters short attention span and shorter memory, such finger pointing would have an effect.
    Another thing the Republican party needs to do is actually be a party of ideas, be the base where conservatives can actually feel comfortable about electing people that will represent them. My fear is that the GOP is banking on being a strictly anti-Democrat platform only and not being a pro-conservative platform. That may work for a short while, but if you don't innovate, then the American people will treat Republicans as nothing more than a counter-balance against a Democratic majority. In other words, they'll view the GOP as throwing in a couple more no votes, but liberal ideas will still be viewed more favorably. That's personally my fear because if it does come true, then conservatism becomes no longer feasible and will be just something that is given lip service to.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post
    The expected trial, coming just after the start of a similar proceeding on Thursday for Representative Charles B. Rangel of New York, would be a modern-day precedent for the House, Congressional officials said. At no time in at least the last two decades have two sitting House members faced a public hearing detailing allegations against them.
    Let me splain why these two birds trials are happening now. Democrats know that they will lose the House in Nov. Repubs only need to pick up about 40 seats. They will double or triple that amount. Old Charlie would get expelled for sure. Waters would get censured. The Repubs would turn the 2 separate trial into a circus event. So, the Democrats want to get this over before the election. It is a win win proposition for the Repubs.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Let me splain why these two birds trials are happening now. Democrats know that they will lose the House in Nov. Repubs only need to pick up about 40 seats. They will double or triple that amount. Old Charlie would get expelled for sure. Waters would get censured. The Repubs would turn the 2 separate trial into a circus event. So, the Democrats want to get this over before the election. It is a win win proposition for the Repubs.
    Good points. The funny thing is that Rangel is already playing the race card. Does that mean that he considers Pelosi a racist? Or is he blaming this on house Republicans?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I wonder if Pee-Lousy had this in mind when she was hawking the "drain the swamp" meme?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I wonder if Pee-Lousy had this in mind when she was hawking the "drain the swamp" meme?
    I did the math in another thread, and it's obvious that members of the Congressional Black Caucus run afoul of the ethics rules at a higher rate than the rest of the membership. Clearly, Pelosi is indulging in racial profiling of congress. Where is the NAACP? The ACLU? The DOJ?

No Justice! No Peace!

Attica! Attica!

This is Spartaaaaa!!!!! :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!