Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Bush violates law to pass Medicare Part D 
    Banned
    WASHINGTON, May 3— The Congressional Research Service says the Bush administration apparently violated federal law by ordering the chief Medicare actuary to withhold information from Congress indicating that the new Medicare law could cost far more than White House officials had said......The actuary, Richard S. Foster, has testified that he was ordered to withhold the cost estimates last year, when Congress was considering legislation to add a drug benefit to Medicare. The order, he said, came from Thomas A. Scully, who was then the administrator of Medicare.

Mr. Foster said Mr. Scully threatened to discipline him for insubordination if he gave Congress the data.

The research service, a nonpartisan arm of Congress, said Mr. Scully's order ''would appear to violate a specific and express prohibition of federal law.'' The actuary, it said, has a duty to ''make professional and reliable cost estimates, unfettered by any particular partisan agenda.''
    http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/04/us...s-illegal.html

http://articles.sfgate.com/2004-07-0...care-officials

http://www.ucsusa.org/scientific_int...drug-bill.html

http://fas.org/sgp/library/waxman.pdf

And here I was thinking we were living in 2010 and that Obama was president.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    And here I was thinking we were living in 2010 and that Obama was president.
    Medicare part D was never paid for , it all went on the national debt.

We will be paying on this debt far after Obama is gone from office , the Bush debt will outlast the next 3 presidents.

It doesn't matter who is in office , the Bush debt will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    Medicare part D was never paid for , it all went on the national debt.

We will be paying on this debt far after Obama is gone from office , the Bush debt will outlast the next 3 presidents.

It doesn't matter who is in office , the Bush debt will remain.
    I guess I don't understand your point. If your point is that "Bush grew the deficit" sure, I agree with you. This isn't news. But with the Stimulus, Obama quadrupled all that horrible Bush debt in only 2 years. So if your point is "Bush = bad, deficits = bad" then well Obama is much worse.

If your point is that "you are hypocrites for criticizing Obama on spending" there are three things wrong with this:

1. Many Republicans, and conservatives, criticized Bush's spending policy at the time.
    2. The situation has orders of magnitude difference. It's like comparing someone putting on 10 pounds in a year to someone putting on 40 pounds in three months.
    3. Blaming Bush isn't going to get us out of debt. You can blame Bush all you want, but as long as Obama is bailing out banks to the tune of trillions the US is no longer going to be a superpower. Although, it has occurred to me, that the destruction of America as a world power is a long term goal of this administration.

You should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5yxFtTwDcc

Banned
    I guess I don't understand your point. If your point is that "Bush grew the deficit" sure, I agree with you. This isn't news. But with the Stimulus, Obama quadrupled all that horrible Bush debt in only 2 years. So if your point is "Bush = bad, deficits = bad" then well Obama is much worse.
    Holy Shit , are you joking ?

Bush took a national debt of about 6 trillion and DOUBLED IT , leaving the national debt around 12 trillion.

The national debt is now about 13.2 trillion

How the fuck could anybody think Obama quadrupled the national debt ? Thats the most absurd thing I ever heard. Here are the US Treasury numbers , take a look you fucking idiot. http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPD...application=np

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

And ...BTW , This statement is fucking crazy , BUSH BAILED OUT THE BANKS YOU FUCKING TOOL , You are now blaming BUSH for taking away our superpower status.

but as long as Obama is bailing out banks to the tune of trillions the US is no longer going to be a superpower.
    Last edited by Satanicus; 07-31-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar

If your point is that "you are hypocrites for criticizing Obama on spending" there are three things wrong with this:

1. Many Republicans, and conservatives, criticized Bush's spending policy at the time.
    2. The situation has orders of magnitude difference. It's like comparing someone putting on 10 pounds in a year to someone putting on 40 pounds in three months.
    3. Blaming Bush isn't going to get us out of debt. You can blame Bush all you want, but as long as Obama is bailing out banks to the tune of trillions the US is no longer going to be a superpower. Although, it has occurred to me, that the destruction of America as a world power is a long term goal of this administration.

You should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5yxFtTwDcc
    The fucktard gets his ass handed to him on two threads about Obama (2nd amendment and Arizona immigration suit) and he dredges up this crap. thinking "this is the CU, they all pander to the GOP, and worship the ground Bush walked on"

get a fucking clue Satanscum. We as Conservatives don't worship at the alter of the personality like you libtards do with the Obassiah. We've ALL been critical of Both Bush's, Regan, Nixion, Eisenhower, etc, All current and past Congressmen and our state Reps. We want people to have the freedoms that are guaranteed us by the Constitution of the United States. Not ripped away from us by a bunch of asshats that think they are something to be stepped on, and thrown by the wayside. WE kick people out of office and don't defend Republicans when they fuck up. WE don't keep around KKK Grand Cyclops' and say it was a "youthful indiscretion". WE don't sit around and talk about people based on race, sex, sexual orientation, economic status, etc. WE base how we interact with people based on their ideas and actions.

I'm sick of you and all you're libtard associates that act one way and say another.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post

I'm sick of you and all you're libtard associates that act one way and say another.
    So you agree with moo that Obama quadrupled the national debt and that it was Obama who bailed out the banks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    Holy Shit , are you joking ?

Bush took a national debt of about 6 trillion and DOUBLED IT , leaving the national debt around 12 trillion.

The national debt is now about 13.2 trillion

How the fuck could anybody think Obama quadrupled the national debt ? Thats the most absurd thing I ever heard. Here are the US Treasury numbers , take a look you fucking idiot. http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPD...application=np
    You have a hard time reading what I said. Where did I say Obama quadrupled the national debt?

Watch that video?

Banned
    You have a hard time reading what I said. Where did I say Obama quadrupled the national debt?

Watch that video?
    OK , If Bush added 6 trillion to the national debt in 8 years , it would mean Obama would have to have added 24 trillion in 2 years to have quadrupled it.

Your own words genius.

Obama quadrupled all that horrible Bush debt in only 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by m00
    >>Obama quadrupled all that horrible Bush debt
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus;
    How the fuck could anybody think Obama quadrupled the national debt ?
    Do you see where you went wrong?
    Last edited by m00; 07-31-2010 at 06:42 PM.