Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Shame I can't find anything more recent. Those bars don't go down in 2010. But really, all the graphs in the world aren't going to prove or disprove what we know - that we are in trouble, because the rate of debt increase and the debt as a % of GDP is reaching the levels that we haven't experienced before, and frankly I don't think anybody knows what will happen.

Pop quiz: stare at that graph and ask yourself "who was President in 2009"

Watch that video yet?
    Last edited by m00; 07-31-2010 at 06:47 PM.

Banned
    But your original claim, that Obama quadrupled the 8 years of debt Bush created in only 2 years.

And that Obama was the one who bailed out the banks and not Bush and his Treasury Sec.

Are you sticking by those claims ? Lets not move the goal posts just yet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post

Pop quiz: stare at that graph and ask yourself "who was President in 2009"

Watch that video yet?
    You are dumber than I thought.

Bush's budget ends on September 30 2009 , his budget was running till the fiscal year turned over on September 30

Get it ? ..Bush's budget took up almost ALL of 2009

Do you know anything about the fiscal year ?

But your original claim, that Obama quadrupled the 8 years of debt Bush created in only 2 years.

And that Obama was the one who bailed out the banks and not Bush and his Treasury Sec.

Are you sticking by those claims ? Lets not move the goal posts just yet.
    Actually you are misreading my points. I don't know if it's deliberate or not. But as you surely know, the budget has many components - some of which is mandatory spending, and some of which is discretionary spending, and of course various functions and sub-functions they are all broken into. I used the term "horrible Bush debt" deliberately because it's vague. Why is it vague? Because the budget, and budget process, is unbelievably complex and neither of us are leading economists.

So for example, there are certain entitlement programs that no president can be reasonably expected to cut off the bat such as social security, medicare, and the like... because unfortunately we've collected taxes from people for years for these programs and there's a deep contract there. What a president can be reasonably expected to do is not grow them any further. What I'm interested in, primarily, is both the discretionary budget and the "cheap tricks" such as moving the Stimulus into the mandatory part of the budget (which should have been considered part of the discretionary budget). If you really wanted to look at how presidents grew the deficit, you would have to look at:

1. Discretionary spending budgets
    2. Shell games that involve moving fuctions to and from the mandatory budget
    3. Increasing/Decreasing the mandatory budget through eligibility of services
    4. Currency manipulation measures (such as inflation)

I'm not really interested in playing gotcha games with you, Satanicus. I know you are on here to "pwn conservatives" or some such, but 1) I'm not a conservative and 2) I honestly have better things to do with my time.
    Last edited by m00; 07-31-2010 at 07:33 PM.

You are dumber than I thought.

Bush's budget ends on September 30 2009 , his budget was running till the fiscal year turned over on September 30

Get it ? ..Bush's budget took up almost ALL of 2009

Do you know anything about the fiscal year ?
    You know what? I was going to write "whoops, you're right. It's late" but you're being such a dick I'm just not going to. Instead I will say: you need to grow up and re-think how you deal with people.
    Last edited by m00; 07-31-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Shitbird, what the hell is wrong with you?

Starting a new thread implies current events. Or is that just me? This shit is seven years old. I really don't see a lot of Kennedy or Nixon or Lincoln or Washington OPs on here.

Historical data to back up an argument is fine but to initiate a new thread to discuss shit from seven years ago is just lame. I ask again...is this your first time posting on a messageboard?

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    You know what? I was going to write "whoops, you're right. It's late" but you're being such a dick I'm just not going to. Instead I will say: you need to grow up and re-think how you deal with people.
    I like how it's Bush's budget as if the house and senate have nothing to do with the budget process.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Sonnabend
    This guy just never stops. 440 posts in what...two weeks?

• Total Posts: 440
    • Posts Per Day: 26.98

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!

Last edited by Apocalypse; 07-31-2010 at 09:57 PM.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009