Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Michigan Primary 
    Tomorrow is the big day. Currently RCP has Hoekstra up by a few points to win the GOP Nomination, and the two Dems are in a dead heat.

Doesn't matter who wins on the Dem side though. All Republicans are beating either Dem candidate by at least 6 points, some as high as the mid teens.

I'm hoping my ballot made it in time. The post master at Bagram is being a dick with our mail and there is no gaurantee it's even left the region yet.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Tomorrow is the big day. Currently RCP has Hoekstra up by a few points to win the GOP Nomination, and the two Dems are in a dead heat.

Doesn't matter who wins on the Dem side though. All Republicans are beating either Dem candidate by at least 6 points, some as high as the mid teens.

I'm hoping my ballot made it in time. The post master at Bagram is being a dick with our mail and there is no gaurantee it's even left the region yet.
    Not counting or not allowing soldiers ballots to count in any election makes my blood boil.

Well they aren't purposely holding ballots back. They just aren't shipping mail if a certain quantity of mail isn't obtained. It's a violation of the policy, but it's not stopping them from doing it.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Banned
    Well they aren't purposely holding ballots back. They just aren't shipping mail if a certain quantity of mail isn't obtained. It's a violation of the policy, but it's not stopping them from doing it.
    It has been done in past Presidential elections.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I thought the primary was tomrrow

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I thought the primary was tomrrow
    Ummm... reread the first line.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Ummm... reread the first line.
    duh....i just got up and didn't read it properly

Both of the dems candidates are very poor choices. Andy Dillon is part of the problem in Lansing, and Virg has some dirty dealings with Detroit's most despised slumlord, who also is the owner of the Ambassador Bridge. My union (UAW) endorsed Virg.

Cox should have been toast over the white-washed Kwame investigation, and his adultry/accusations that Fieger was trying to blackmail him over said adultry. Of the two conservative front-runners, Hoekstra is the more ethical and honest guy. I don't like him, but he's not a crook, and I think Cox is.

I'm voting for Snyder, because I think we need a governor who has business backround, doesn't hate Detroit, and who isn't a career politician.

They are not making many predictions at this point (4:45 pm). I voted early, on my way in to work, in the GOP primary. The only candidate for governor I like is Snyder, and if Sander Levin can't get enough votes to win the primary without mine, then it's time for him to retire, anyways.

What they are saying is this: Bernero is killing Dillon in the dem primary for governor. Labor endorsed him, so I guess that is paying off for him.

They won't predict in the GOP primary, saying that all the exit polls show Cox, Hoekstra and Snyder running neck and neck. They also won't predict in the 13th district dem primary, where Hansen Clark is running to unseat Kwame's mommy, saying it's too tight to call.

Well I should be asleep when everything is said and done.

I wonder if any of the Repubs are gonna pull shenanigans if it turns out real close.