Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I went about 4pm to vote, atm it's Synder with 38% in

http://www.politico.com/2010/maps/

I wouldn't put it past Cox to throw a shit fit

unfortunatly Upton is beating out Hoodgynek (who signed the Contract from America), would like to see a good Conservative in, Upton has been ok, but not great.

woot! go Synder!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    woot! go Synder!!!
    going back to a June Rasmussen poll:

Election 2010: Michigan Governor

Rick Snyder (R) 42%

Virg Bernero (D) 30%

Some other candidate (I) 7%

Not Sure 22%
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...higan_governor

Looks like Snyder is poised to win. :)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

yeah, with like 87% in Snyder has like 90,000 votes over Hoekstra. I believe Michigan voters are sick and tired of the established politicians and want someone that has a plan and has experience in the business world thats more than a mom and pop shop (nothing wrong with that) and recently.

It's a shame. I'm a huge fan of Hoekstra. I'm also worried about a GOP candidate that so many Dems crossed the line to vote for.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    It's a shame. I'm a huge fan of Hoekstra. I'm also worried about a GOP candidate that so many Dems crossed the line to vote for.
    Yet another reason to have CLOSED primaries.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

1. I'm one of those dems, and I plan to vote for Snyder in November, unless something really awful were to come out about him. I don't see that happening. Virg is a character, and that could help him or hurt him. I am curious how many black Detroit voters crossed over and voted for Snyder. He spent a lot of time last weekend in metro Detroit (as did Virg), and in the city, which few republicans do. The ads over the weekend with Bill Ford endorsing him helped a lot, too. Bill Ford is well-liked around here, by everyone.

2. Hoekstra will have another chance at office. I keep hearing rumors in legal/political circles that Carl Levin is thinking seriously about retiring. Hoekstra has the right backround in the House to have a good shot at replacing him. He got screwed in this election by Right To Life, who endorsed Cox instead of him.

Who are the dems going to run, after all? Granholm? Kwame's Mommy (who lost last night!)? The best we could probably get is Blanchard, and he probably doesn't want it. The two best up and coming dems aren't quite ready for state-wide election-Mark Hackel (Macomb Sheriff, soon to be first county executive) and Kym Worthy (Wayne County prosecutor/prosecuted Kwame for perjury to get him out of office, and thus made it easier for the feds to prosecute him now).

I haven't heard that about Levin, but thats good news. I'm sick of getting emails from him that basically say he doesn't give a damn what my opinion is.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I haven't heard that about Levin, but thats good news. I'm sick of getting emails from him that basically say he doesn't give a damn what my opinion is.
    I can't stand the dude, I'm not a big fan of Hoekstra (about as big as I am of Upton) neither of them have done much in their time in office, Levin has been nothing but a windbag and in the back pockets of the unions and has been pretty anti-military too.