1. #1 What laws should apply to Private Property and Businesses? 
    I am vehemently against laws that infringe on Private Property and Private Business. Let me be more clear, I think a private business owner should be able to create whatever rules he wants for his own business. Want to let people smoke? Fine. Non-smokers can take their business elsewhere. Want to prohibit minorities? Fine. Minorities and their well-wishers can take their business elsewhere too.

Private Property is the cornerstone of Capitalism. A property/business owner should have the right to conduct his business however he sees fit, and if competitors find a way to capitalize on that - great! In fact, I wish they had never banned smoking in bars here in Ohio. Imagine if you were the only non-smoking bar in town. You would have a great business!

And it goes beyond businesses. In the town where I live, I can get fined or even have a lien put against my property if I cut down a tree without a permit. I also can't plant a tree without a permit.

It's time to bring back sovereignty to private property.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

I agree with you 100%. Get the government out of private businesses. This would creat more business. Nowadays a prospective business owner can't find his niche because big brother says it has to be run like all the rest. If I don't want to serve you because I like boots and don't want you to come in with your frickin Earth Shoes, that's my business. Eventually there will be a place down the road that caters to Earth Shoe wearers. More business is better for everybody.

They start with business, next is your home. This is how we destroy freedoms and install communism.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I agree with you 100%. Get the government out of private businesses. This would creat more business. Nowadays a prospective business owner can't find his niche because big brother says it has to be run like all the rest. If I don't want to serve you because I like boots and don't want you to come in with your frickin Earth Shoes, that's my business. Eventually there will be a place down the road that caters to Earth Shoe wearers. More business is better for everybody.

They start with business, next is your home. This is how we destroy freedoms and install communism.
    Darn right.

It all started with the Unions when they created a supply-side cartel on the labor supply. They essentially fixed the price of labor, and the government (who have always been in bed with the Unions) let them do it. Then they infringed further by essentially taking the laws of the constitution that were meant to apply to the government (ie "Freedom of Speech", etc) and forced them onto everybody.

Fortunately the Courts of not allowed the "Freedom of Speech" argument to prevent you from firing an employee who cusses you out, or threatens you, etc. But that is probably coming too.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Patent Member
    I believe that the Constitution protects the Freedom to Contract. The court caved to LBJ and decided that all contracts are subject to Government veto.

Bring back the Freedom to Contract and you will see 50% of the US government evaporate.

Banned - Not really Theo
    Health and Fire Safety would be about the limits of advance.

I have a friend who lives in a city home. He has rented this house for about 15 years. It is a nice town(row)house. The city inspects all rental properties, with or without the landlords permission. The city went through this house with a fine tooth comb. My friend was not allowed to have ANY storage in the attic.. nothing in the basement. The landlord was FINE with the tenant using those areas for storage. He was as pissed off about this as the tenant was.

I understand this for slumlord type properties, where there are complaints, but the city gave a week or two notice, and barged in! This has happened twice in about 10 years. I call BS!

Private property seems to be a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I have a friend who lives in a city home. He has rented this house for about 15 years. It is a nice town(row)house. The city inspects all rental properties, with or without the landlords permission. The city went through this house with a fine tooth comb. My friend was not allowed to have ANY storage in the attic.. nothing in the basement. The landlord was FINE with the tenant using those areas for storage. He was as pissed off about this as the tenant was.

I understand this for slumlord type properties, where there are complaints, but the city gave a week or two notice, and barged in! This has happened twice in about 10 years. I call BS!

Private property seems to be a thing of the past.
    Hah, private property is a farce it is all rented property. Don't pay your property tax (rent) and you will not be living there anymore!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.