Thread: ACLU files suit for terrorists

1. #1 ACLU files suit for terrorists 
    ACLU sues to represent cleric in Yemen

On Tuesday, the American Civil Liberties Union and the Center for Constitutional Rights filed suit in a federal court here, asking a judge to clear the way for a broader challenge to the military's use of "targeted killings" far removed from a battlefield.

"The government is targeting an American citizen for death without any legal process whatsoever, while at the same time impeding lawyers from challenging that death sentence and the government's sweeping claim of authority to issue it," said Anthony Romero, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union. "We don't think lawyers should have to obtain permission to bring a lawsuit against the government."
    source

the issue is terrorists are civilians. not military. and the use of drones are to be banned. the ACLU is just after another tasty lawsuit settlement you and i have to pay for. nothing new there. I saw an interview on Fox last night with some dip shit attorney who supports this.

edit in: video
    Last edited by namvet; 08-05-2010 at 11:58 AM.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

2. #2 ACLU Defending Al Qaeda 
    This is just unbelievable. How O'Reilly didn't punch this idiot in his face right there on camera I simply don't now. This asshole actually said that Anwar al-Awlaki is not a terrorist. I'm all for the 1st amendment but this is near traitorous. Here is the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PHTgovB_Dk
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    ACLU sues to represent cleric in Yemen

source

the issue is terrorists are civilians. not military. and the use of drones are to be banned. the ACLU is just after another tasty lawsuit settlement you and i have to pay for. nothing new there. I saw an interview on Fox last night with some dip shit attorney who supports this.

edit in: video
    They aren't civilians. They are ilegal combatants as defined by the Geneva Convention and thus valid military targets.

Libs can whine and bitch all they like but it was Obama who has accepted the Presidential finding and decisions after to put these idiots on the target blotter.

CERTAINLY President Obama wouldn't do anything hienous and ilegal... would he?

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    They aren't civilians. They are ilegal combatants as defined by the Geneva Convention and thus valid military targets.

Libs can whine and bitch all they like but it was Obama who has accepted the Presidential finding and decisions after to put these idiots on the target blotter.

CERTAINLY President Obama wouldn't do anything hienous and ilegal... would he?
    Bingo. This SHOULD get shot down real quick. Lets see what really happens though.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

ah-ha!

I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second. So there's this "terrorist list." If any American gets on this terrorist list, they become a terrorist first and an American second. And, therefor, fair game for getting killed by a drone and stripped of any constitutional rights and protections. Whereas if it were a military unit or SWAT team trying to apprehend a person on the terrorist list, the individual could at least surrender. You can't surrender to a drone - you're dead before you know its there.

Now, here's the interesting bit. How does one get on a "terrorist list"? By what process, by what committee, and with what safeguards. If anyone thinks for a moment "be a terrorist" well that's just circular logic.

Because, if the terrorist list is just a list of names and the Executive Branch is the sole arbiter of who gets put on and off that list, well then we have a conflict of powers.