Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Suspend.

That's not quiting, right?

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrooms View Post
    Suspend.

Romney suspended his campaign... and I dont hear anyone saying hes still in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by sgrooms View Post
    Suspend.

It means you get to keep your delegates and work to pay off your campaign debt. The delegates are leverage at the convention for the platform among other things.

Can they throw Bill under the bus (politically) too while thier at it.

I heard the most interesting rumor this morning. I heard that Obamas people were in secret talks with Clintons people to publicly offer Hillary the VP slot but only if she promised not to accept it....

I can already see her agreeing to those terms then when the "offer" is made...she accepts! :D

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I wonder how Kay Bailey Hutchings from Texas would be?
    She might have a name recognition problem, considering that her last name is Hutchison. ;)

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    She might have a name recognition problem, considering that her last name is Hutchison. ;)
    Not to be ageist, but I think that the McCain campaign might consider her too old.

Also, I saw a Sarah Palin interview with Glenn Beck, I think she'd say yes if offered.

I bet McCain chooses............Hillary :p

I wouldn't be surprised.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo View Post
    I heard the most interesting rumor this morning. I heard that Obamas people were in secret talks with Clintons people to publicly offer Hillary the VP slot but only if she promised not to accept it....

I can already see her agreeing to those terms then when the "offer" is made...she accepts! :D
    I doubt that they'd offer it. Hillary would upstage Obama constantly, and Bill would upstage them both. unless they could lock him in a trunk for the duration of the campaign, he'd just bring too much baggage. Also, once the two of them were in office, there'd be a constant power struggle between the Billary staff and the Obama staff. It would be four years of infighting that would make the primary look like a ballet recital.

I'm not sure that McCain would pick Palin, although if he did, she'd certainly be an asset to the campaign, and if nothing else, we'd see the term "GILF" enter common usage.

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!