Thread: NFL talk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 NFL talk 
    Felt like talking some NFL. :D Anyone here remember "The Tuck Bowl?"

2001 AFC Divisional Game: Oakland at New England
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHEQtASq9BI
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." Ronald Reagan

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I remember that game. I think Oakland wuz robbed.

Is the tuck rule still in effect?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I'm not 100% sure. I'm guessing it still is because if that rule was changed, then we most likely would have heard about it by now throughout various sports media.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I remember that game. I think Oakland wuz robbed.

Yes and in 2008, my Cards were robbed of a TD against Dallas for the same thing. Romo was in the act of throwing but he pulled the ball in, turned his back to the defender, got hit, the ball popped out, and it was recovered. Romo argued it was the "tuck rule" and the officials agreed. The problem I had with it was when Romo was pulling the ball down, he was facing the back of his endzone so even if it were an incomplete pass, as it were, it was a backward pass hence a lateral hence still a fumble. However, if that was allowed to stand, we wouldn't have had this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZSG4...eature=related
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I'm tired of the NFL's stupidity when it comes to some types of plays. all turn overs should be subject to instant replay and no ball should be called dead until the play comes to a stop, it's frustrating as a fan to watch games end on stupid calls or the outcome be affected by stupid calls.

San Deigo-Denver game last year
    Green Bay-Cards playoff game
    All Tuck rule games

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I'm tired of the NFL's stupidity when it comes to some types of plays. all turn overs should be subject to instant replay and no ball should be called dead until the play comes to a stop, it's frustrating as a fan to watch games end on stupid calls or the outcome be affected by stupid calls.

San Deigo-Denver game last year
    Green Bay-Cards playoff game
    All Tuck rule games
    What's the issue here? It was a clean fumble. In fact, the ball never hit the ground. It came out of Roger's hand, hit his foot, and went right to Dansby. Here is the play:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOCAqdDQSsc

Now if you're going to cry about a phantom facemask, then you don't know the rules of the game. No one on the Packers complained, not even Rogers because it was incidental contact. Don't whine because your team lost.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    What's the issue here? It was a clean fumble. In fact, the ball never hit the ground. It came out of Roger's hand, hit his foot, and went right to Dansby. Here is the play:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOCAqdDQSsc

Now if you're going to cry about a phantom facemask, then you don't know the rules of the game. No one on the Packers complained, not even Rogers because it was incidental contact. Don't whine because your team lost.
    That wasn't my point. My point was that all such plays should be reviewed. even it is upheld. i don't care if it's a play like that, a tuck rule or w/e. It should be reviewed, especially a playoff game. there were a lot of bad calls in that game, as there are all season.

the '98 Packers-49er's playoff game is a prime example of that, and it's the game that pushed instant replay back into the NFL.

8. #8 2010 NFL season 
    Can't believe it's finally here. Anyone picking New Orleans over Minnesota?

Quote Originally Posted by PC Guy View Post
    Can't believe it's finally here. Anyone picking New Orleans over Minnesota?
    I am, and most people actually are. MN has 3, THREE Cornerbacks. Brad Childress is a moron and horrible Football coach, his personel and playcalling prove that. the only reason they had the season they did last year was due to Favre.

I'm not too thrilled with my team's prospects this season with Derek Anderson as QB.