Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Sonnabend
    But if the relationship were so innocent, why didn’t Obama identify Frank by his full name in his book and denounce his communist and anti-American views? Why doesn’t he denounce those views now?
    I'd say the answer to that is pretty damned obvious.

Eyelids
    We were overdue for a Red Scare anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    We were overdue for a Red Scare anyways...
    You don't find the supporters of an ideology that murdered over 100 million people scary?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You don't find the supporters of an ideology that murdered over 100 million people scary?
    Communism is not by nature murderous, see this the kind of fear-prorogation from a grass-roots level that makes me wonder how theres enough scare left for the media.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Eyelids closed is a legend in his own mind!:eek:

Communism is not by nature murderous, see this the kind of fear-prorogation from a grass-roots level that makes me wonder how theres enough scare left for the media.
    Did you mean the opposite of what you said?

Noun 1. prorogation - discontinuation of the meeting (of a legislative body) without dissolving it
    discontinuance, discontinuation - the act of discontinuing or breaking off; an interruption (temporary or permanent)

And yet, no matter where it's been tried, it invariably results in mass murder. Ever wonder why?

Let's try a bit of analysis, shall we? First, let's take Marx's dictum, "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need." Sounds fair, right? Except that you can't measure ability, can you? So you just have to work everyone as hard as you can. Now, "to each according to his need" has a different problem, which is motivation. How do you motivate people to do something for the good of others? The only ways are through rewards or punishments, but if everyone only gets what they need, regardless of how hard or well they work, then you can't reward them for more effort or better results, so the only motivation tool left is punishment, or the threat of punishment. Now, let's go back to that first dictum, in light of this information. Since extra work, or better work gets the same ration as minimal effort or shoddy effort, the incentive is to do just enough to avoid punishment, and the best thing that you can hope for at the end of the day is not feeling the whip of the commissar on your back because you didn't make the quota. Now, I don't know about you, but that sounds like slavery to me.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Goldwater
    Communism fails because it concentrates too much power.

You can close the thread now.