Thread: Report: Olbermann Cut from NBC’s ‘Football’ Line Up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Good News... 
    You can finally watch Football Night in America again.

NBC Takes Olbermann Off Sunday NFL Broadcasts

Multiple media and network television sources confirmed to me Thursday that Keith Olbermann will not appear on NBC’s Football Night In America Sunday evening NFL broadcasts this season.

Some members of the FNIA cast and crew were made aware of the news Monday at a preseason production meeting in New York City. Afterwards, the cast and crew adjourned to Yankee Stadium to watch the Yankees-Blue Jays game.

I’m told that NBC News officials requested the move, citing Olbermann’s weekday commitment to MSNBC’s Countdown with Keith Olbermann. During the 2009 NFL season, Olbermann periodically did not appear on Friday editions of Countdown.

Hall-le-fucking-lou-ja!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I tried to watch Football Night In America with him on it, but iCouldn't. For me, it's Morning in America when I don't have to see Olbermann during my Sunday Night games.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Banned
    It could not happen to a more deserving asshole. Also, good for the fans with the exception of dunces at DU.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    the fucktard should have kept his politics to him self and stayed at ESPN, the people could still stand his dumbass

Standing ovation! Couldn't happen to a more deserving asshole.
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

5. #5 Report: Olbermann Cut from NBC’s ‘Football’ Line Up 
    Report: Olbermann Cut from NBC’s ‘Football’ Line Up

Game over for Keith Olbermann.

The cable news anchor reportedly will no longer be a part of NBC’s ‘Football Night in America,’ where he has contributed segments for the Sunday Night Football broadcasts for the last three years.

Sources confirm to Sports by Brooks that Olbermann will not return this NFL season.

According to the report, NBC News officials were behind the decision, because they want the MSNBC host to focus on his program ‘Countdown with Keith Olbermann.’

Link

I wonder if the NFL will survive without him?:D
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

what they mean is he was dragging down the show.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving dick.
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

I'm counting down to when he is a guest host on Air America. It won't be long.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein

To be honest, I can't watch any of the pre-game shows. Fox's is all Cowboys all the time. ESPN is all Brett Favre all the time. And NBC just plain sucks. I just wait for game time and then watch. If anything, I stick with NFL Red Zone.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I've said it numerous times, but Olberdork does just fine on sports coverage. I watched a lot of the pre-game stuff on NBC last year. Dan Patrick did goad him a few times into making some typical liberal potshots.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender