Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    The cost of both wars was kept off the fiscal budget numbers during the Bush years , it showed up on the national debt , but the fiscal deficits were reported WITHOUT this cost making them appear smaller than they really are.

Obama won't hide that cost , it is now in the budget and will show up on the fiscal budget numbers and the national debt.

The national debt numbers show this http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPD...application=np

How's about you link to the actual report you are referring to??
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Obummer campaigned on ending the war and closing Gitmo. He LIES and liberal Democrats keep kissing his ass. It must really, really hurt to be so Stoopid.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    The cost of both wars was kept off the fiscal budget numbers during the Bush years , it showed up on the national debt , but the fiscal deficits were reported WITHOUT this cost making them appear smaller than they really are.

Obama won't hide that cost , it is now in the budget and will show up on the fiscal budget numbers and the national debt.

The national debt numbers show this http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPD...application=np
    It's just amazing to me how these cons talk about the national debt while at the same time, they have no problem running it up to pay for wars and tax cuts for the rich. If you want to talk about cutting spending, we should be talking about getting out of Afghanistan and Iraq and cutting the military budget.

Quote Originally Posted by ConHunter View Post
    It's just amazing to me how these cons talk about the national debt while at the same time, they have no problem running it up to pay for wars and tax cuts for the rich. If you want to talk about cutting spending, we should be talking about getting out of Afghanistan and Iraq and cutting the military budget.
    Show me a government organization that puts it's money to as good a use as the DOD does and we'll talk. The DOD directly hires more then 2 million Americans, possibly 3 million if you figure in all the contractors. The research it does has contributed to countless civilian technologies that have saved untold lives and made your world so much easier to live in. The funds it provides to civilian companies, and communities allows them to keep our economy rolling.

I see your "cut the DOD Budget" types all the time, and you are all talking out of your ass. Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Bath and Iron Works, and who knows how many other companies that employs millions of Americans would belly up if we cut the funding.

The recession we are in right now would look like a pipe dream compaired to what would happen if you assholes had your way.

Do you know why the money given to the DOD is more efficient then the other money spent by the government? It's because the DOD doesn't do things like Pork. Sure, waste happens, I'll be the last person to deny that. But we don't give millions of dollars to studying the breeding habits of monkeys. Or tracking the sex patterns of homosexuals. Our money actually stimulizes the economy.

If you can come up with a solution on how to put that money to work that will be as efficient as how it is being used now, then we can talk. But I'll bet my next paycheck (the one you want to take away) that you won't be able to.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Oh look everyone...another derp machine.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

It's funny that the left likes to claim tax cuts cost money.

It's also funny that the left always wants to cut from the budget the one thing the constitution actually demands that they provide for.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

It's just amazing to me how these LIBS talk about the national debt while at the same time, they have no problem running it up to pay for MORE WARS and EVEN MORE HANDOUTS for the rich and CRUMBS FOR THE POOR. If you want to talk about cutting spending, we should be talking WHY OBAMA ESCALATED THE GWOT IN Afghanistan and PLANS ON KEEPING A TROOP PRESENCE IN Iraq INSTEAD OF cutting the military budget.
    Fixed.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

we should be talking about getting out of Afghanistan and Iraq and cutting the military budget.
    We are getting out of Iraq, the military budget was just cut.

It bothers me to reply to you because I think you're only about 15. It's clear in the way you try to get your thoughts across. Fortunately school starts up in a few more weeks.

And how is that War on Poverty going these days? Last time I checked, it took more money than the entire defense budget while providing honest work for a lot less people...
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.