1. #1 Is it worth it to try to find "progressive" rationales for the use of U.S. force? 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3787672

Ken Burch (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-13-08 05:53 AM
    Original message
    Is it worth it to try to find "progressive" rationales for the use of U.S. force?
    Advertisements [?]Edited on Wed Aug-13-08 05:54 AM by Ken Burch
    I know whoever we nominate for president for the forseeable future will have to lower her or himself to at least a somewhat militarist foreign policy. This is sickening but unavoidable. To get political power we seem to have no alternative but to somewhat compromise our humanity. THis is a shameful necessity.

But is there any reason for us as ordinary Democrats and progressives to pretend that the use of U.S. force, other than to defend our own territory from attack, would be anything but reactionary and senseless?

Basically, there hasn't been a use of American military might since 1945 that wasn't predominately or exclusively in the service of the rich.

Our guns can't liberate women. Our bombs can't protect the Rainbow or the LGBT community from oppression or persecution. And when we fight for "American interests" we all know those solely mean American CORPORATE interests, never the interests of American workers or the American poor.

So, other than territorial self-defense, should we ever feel obligated to advocate or defend the use of American force at all?

(For example, in Afghanistan, where there is no moral difference between the Taliban and our "allies"?)
    Go ask the Taliban if that is true!
    Thanks to SarasotaRepub for your help! :D

The south koreans may have a different view of that.

Wait a minute. I thought only poor uneducated slobs joined the military - that's what John Kerry told me.

We all know that Progressives ( Liberal Fascist) hate the military, and they're looking for a reason to keep it around once they're running the show.

The question they should be asking is how will they get anyone to join, or stay in the military once they're in charge.

Nobody wants to fight for someone who threats them like sh*t.

Remember when we got people kill in Solmilia in the 90's? The Progressives either cheered for the those who killed our people, or just pretended that it didn't happen. And it was the Progressives who wanted our military to go into Solmilia in the first place.

Besides the way Progressives act they'd send someone on a mission and when the grunts got back they'd have the poor SOBs arrested for "war crimes".

Progressives will be the same till the end of time.

" Go fight my battles for me, then get out of here , we don't want your kind around here. "
    Last edited by Dan D. Doty; 08-13-2008 at 10:36 AM.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Patent Member
    I'm pretty sure they'll find a "progressive" use for the military. Rounding up dissidents and forcing them into reeducation camps is something that they would support.

Also, finally taking care of the joooooooooooooo problem is right up their alley.

See, plenty of ways to use the military to support progressive ideas!