Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 DUmmies slobber Michael Moore's knob. 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x8919296

Hissyspit (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-10-10 08:14 PM
    Original message
    Michael Moore: Telling That "First Thing Out Of His Mouth Was 'People Want Canadian Health care.'"
    Edited on Tue Aug-10-10 08:17 PM by Hissyspit
    "Well, YEAH." Speaking on Countdown w/ Keith Olbermann.

People in Canada get more health care for their money and "... live almost three years longer in Canada..."
    And my Canadian step-mom to be was tickled pink when she got a job that allowed her to get off the government health plan.

sandnsea (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-10-10 08:16 PM
    Response to Original message
    3. Get 60 Senators to vote for it
    If it's so damn easy, Michael Moore should get the fuck to it.
    Uh oh... don't speak out against da Mooreth!

LostinVA (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-10-10 08:18 PM
    Response to Reply #3
    4. He certainly has gotten "the fuck to it"
    A huge chunck of his adult life has been getting the fuck to it.
    Yes, he certainly has made himself quite rich getting you to masterbate to his movies.

Imajika (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-10-10 08:32 PM
    Response to Reply #3
    16. Moore talks a big game...
    ...but apparently has no idea what it means to actually get anything done. Making movies that appeal to the already converted don't get us much of anywhere. Oh, it may feel good to watch them, but if they don't move the needle of public opinion then as an activist he pretty much fails.
    Spot on.

KurtNYC (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-11-10 08:12 AM
    Response to Reply #16
    47. how wrong you are
    Do they still sell bullets at WalMart? Did Bush have to run away from "Farenheit"? Is Moore banned from the Today Show since ripping Katie Couric's bullshit?

If the movies didn't matter then the RW would not be so scared of them. They tried to stop Farenheit and it only made it bigger. Farenheit helped push Bush's approval rating down near what it should have been. And many RWers saw that movie.

Let 1000 Michael Moore's bloom!
    Ummm yes, they still sell bullets at WalMart. Bush didn't have to run at all. The movie that was supposed to make him lose the election... well didn't. RW'ers are not scared of Moore. Not at all.

Lorien (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-10-10 10:43 PM
    Response to Original message
    40. Plus our jobs are moving to Canada because employers don't have to offer
    insanely overpriced insurance to equally qualified English speaking employees there (happening w/ one of my own clients)!
    Well whose fault is that? They don't call it Republicare.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Well they don't tell you that Moore is worth $60 million, that he edits his films to fit what believes ( like telling people that boster rockets are missiles, when Moore knew they were not). Or that Moore has NPD ( so do a lot people on DU come to think of it).

Wonder how many on DU saw MICHEAL MOORE HATES AMERICA? My guess, none.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I haven't seen Moore's latest two movies, but Bowling For Columbine was entertaining. I don't think it was as anti-2nd amendment as people think it was, it was more condemning of our violent culture than of guns themselves.

The stunt with K-Mart was a bit overboard, though. They went under not too long after that, and were bought out by Sears. The big, ugly headquarters building in Troy from the movie has been empty for several years, at this point. It always looked like a futuristic prison to me, now it just looks like an empty one. There's also the irony of Moore, a Michigan native, going after a Michigan company so vehemently as he did K-Mart for selling the bullets to the Columbine shooters, when I blame their parents for letting them amass an arsenal under their roofs.

I can proudly say I haven't seen a single movie Michael Moore's dumb ass was ever involved in. That fuck doesn't get my money or my time, I have a life to live, and his viewpoint isn't a part of it.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Michael Moore is a beacan of Capitalism. He makes shitloads of money, and from what I've heard he doesn't give much to charities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Michael Moore is a beacan of Capitalism. He makes shitloads of money, and from what I've heard he doesn't give much to charities.
    He produces tons of nutrient rich manure every year that helps feed plants and trees.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I haven't seen Moore's latest two movies, but Bowling For Columbine was entertaining. I don't think it was as anti-2nd amendment as people think it was, it was more condemning of our violent culture than of guns themselves.

The stunt with K-Mart was a bit overboard, though. They went under not too long after that, and were bought out by Sears. The big, ugly headquarters building in Troy from the movie has been empty for several years, at this point. It always looked like a futuristic prison to me, now it just looks like an empty one. There's also the irony of Moore, a Michigan native, going after a Michigan company so vehemently as he did K-Mart for selling the bullets to the Columbine shooters, when I blame their parents for letting them amass an arsenal under their roofs.
    Um, K-Mart bought Sears not the other way around. As for Moore, an interesting movie to see is Fahrenhype 9/11. Manufacturing Dissent is a great movie told by 2 Michael Moore fans.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Um, K-Mart bought Sears not the other way around. As for Moore, an interesting movie to see is Fahrenhype 9/11. Manufacturing Dissent is a great movie told by 2 Michael Moore fans.
    good movie.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post

Are you sure about K-Mart buying Sears? I don't think that's the case, or it would be the K-Mart tower in Chicago. This was a big story here, when it happened, because K-Mart was a Michigan company before the takeover. They aren't anymore.

Sears was the stronger company and they bought K-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Are you sure about K-Mart buying Sears? I don't think that's the case, or it would be the K-Mart tower in Chicago. This was a big story here, when it happened, because K-Mart was a Michigan company before the takeover. They aren't anymore.

Sears was the stronger company and they bought K-Mart.
    Nope, K-Mart did buy Sears in 2004.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.