1. #1 Traffic stop saves cat from owner’s plate 
    Buffalo police rescued a cat from a Cheektowaga man who apparently was planning to make a meal out of his pet because he thought it was ill-tempered, authorities said Monday.

When Ferry-Fillmore District officers pulled over a car driven by Gary L. Korkuc on Sunday night during a traffic stop, they said they heard a cat crying from inside the trunk and investigated.

What they found has left animal lovers at the SPCA Serving Erie County in shock.

The cat, according to police, was in a cage “marinating” in a mixture of crushed red peppers, chili pepper, salt and oil.

“It’s disgusting. It surprises me every day what people are capable of when it comes to violence, whether it is animals or people,” said Gina M. Browning, the SPCA’s director of public relations. “I’ve never heard of anything like this before.” ...
    link

I take it from the reaction, that cat is not considered 'good eating' in New York.

Poor kitty. I'll bet all those peppers and such were really irritating to his skin, too.

I don't know if there are any laws against eating cats or dogs in the US, but there is a strong cultural bias against doing so.

More to the point, this guy needs cooking lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    More to the point, this guy needs cooking lessons.
    You would have thought that even the most inexperienced cook would have the slaughter/marinade order sorted out. :D

What this asshole did was torture plain and simple. I loved the comment that the cat was "ill tempered". Well gee. It seems as though he was such a loving owner.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.