Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Voters say "Stop blaming Bush!" 
    Despite more voters faulting former President Bush's policies for the country's economic woes, most American voters think it is time for President Obama to stop blaming Bush.

Nearly half of voters — 47 percent — think Bush's policies are mostly to blame for the economic difficulties the country is having today, compared to 32 percent who think Obama's policies are to blame.

Even so, fully 76 percent of voters think it is time for the Obama administration to start taking responsibility for the condition of the economy. That's more than four times as many as think it is right to continue to place the blame on Bush (18 percent).

A majority of Democrats, who overwhelmingly think Bush is responsible for the economy (82 percent), think it is time for Obama to quit blaming Bush (57 percent).

Overall, 55 percent of those who think Bush's policies are to blame think it's time for Obama to take responsibility.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...esponsibility/

76% is a vast majority. The word is in. Voter's ain't buying the "Blame Bush" strategy anymore.

Other point. 88% still believe we are in a recession. 48% of that believe it is worsening.
    Last edited by bijou; 08-12-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: to comply with b/n posting format
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I don't buy the "blame Bush" mantra for the recession. If the mantra was "Blame Bush, his Republican Congress, and his later Democrat Congress", I'd agree with that. The Congress writes the laws no?

They were warned about the housing bubble. They had to be completely ignorant to not see this coming when people like Schiff, Ron Paul, all of Mises, the FFF, and all sorts of conservative and libertarian think tanks saw this coming. Both Bush's democratic and conservative congresses had all the warnings, and all the time to restructure Fannie and Freddie, and rethink the "everyone should own a home" strategy. They also had plenty of time to re-instate Glass-Steagall, and look into Fed policies which were keeping interest rates artificially low.

If Bush were presented with a bill to break up, and completely privatize Fannie and Freddie, and remove them from HUD "fair housing for the poor" requirements, and he'd vetoed it, he could be solely blamed. If he was presented with a bill to reinstate glass-steagall or audit the Fed's OMO's or interest rate policy minutes, and he'd vetoed it, then he could be blamed solely.
    Last edited by malloc; 08-12-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Banned
    Psst. Stupidicus, We We, Shoe, etc....are you listening.

Obama was HIRED to fix unemployment and the economy. He has failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    The Congress writes the laws no?

They were warned about the housing bubble. They had to be completely ignorant to not see this coming when people like Schiff, Ron Paul, all of Mises, the FFF, and all sorts of conservative and libertarian think tanks saw this coming. Both Bush's democratic and conservative congresses had all the warnings, and all the time to restructure Fannie and Freddie, and rethink the "everyone should own a home" strategy. They also had plenty of time to re-instate Glass-Steagall, and look into Fed policies which were keeping interest rates artificially low.
    +1

And Congress ignored it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

ITS BUSH'S FAULT is the Moonbat mantra because they can't responciblity for things ( and never have).
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Voters say, "Stop blaming Bush". Satanicus and the rest say, "We can't help it, we really don't have any other options in the playbook". :D

I think Reagan blamed Carter through his second inaugural address so it's nothing new.

I think it could be argued that Reagan fixed some of the probllems that Carter had at the end of his term. I also think that Reagan functioned pretty well as a leader. I would like Obama to be successful. I hope things get better, even if he takes the credit. I know it's only two years in, yet he doesn't seem very effective so far in leading anyone, anywhere.
    Last edited by Lager; 08-12-2010 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    I think it could be argued that Reagan fixed some of the probllems that Carter had at the end of his term. I also think that Reagan functioned pretty well as a leader. I would like Obama be successful, and I know it's only two years in. But he doesn't seem very effective so far in leading anyone, anywhere.
    Aside from the assassination attempt bump, Reagan's popularity was in steady decline up until (I believe) almost two full years into his first term. The recession that started shortly after he took office was difficult (as well as the unemployment). Luckily, he had more resources for his Keynesian activities and could increase spending while cutting taxes without facing crippling deficits. Obama doesn't have that luxury since he was staring down the face of a trillion dollar deficit his first year in office.

It is a pickle, no doubt. I figure he has at least another year before America gives up on him.
    Last edited by Arroyo_Doble; 08-12-2010 at 04:13 PM.

This article is a lie. Everyone knows it's all Bush's fault. That's it. That's my argument. Prove me wrong.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad