Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Goldwater
    Oh! I almost forgot, here is Boris attempting to play the game known as soccer/football, this is from a while ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWIUp19bBoA

He shows those Germans who is boss.

Boris has made a great start to the job of Mayor. He has ended Ken Livingstone's showboating oil deal with Chavez and shortly there will be an interim report on the financial mismanagement and crookedness of the previous administration.

He is not only well educated but intelligent too, I loved his description of the media:
    ...In his inaugural speech, he said that until such time, as his predecessor Ken Livingstone hands him the keys, he “imagine(s) there are shredding machines quietly puffing and panting away in various parts of the building, and quite right too“. A few drinks down, he then let his view of the media - and why leave readers like us blameless? - as being “like some ravening Hyrcanian tiger which has been deprived of its mortal prey — a Johnson blooper” be known.
    http://laviequotidienne.wordpress.co...electing-bojo/
    Last edited by bijou; 06-08-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Goldwater
    He also has a small libertarian streak, we'll have to see how things go.

Bijou and I had this conversation a while back. We were both convinced BoJo didn't stand a chance, but he got in anyway.

Anything is better than Ken. Boris has scrapped the 25/day porsche tax in London, so that's a start.

So far, so OK.