Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 CNN: Obama losing to generic Republican challenger 45/50 
    It’s still far too early to start debating the nomination for the 2012 presidential election — and for that, Barack Obama can be grateful, at least for a while. In the latest CNN poll, voters overwhelmingly support his renomination … but not his re-election. Instead, half of all voters prefer a generic Republican, while Obama only gets 45%, as Hotline digs into the history:

Pres. Obama trails a generic GOPer in a WH ‘12 re-election bid, according to a new CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll released today. Among registered voters, fully half, 50%, said they were more likely to vote for a generic GOPer, while just 45% said they were more likely to vote for Obama.

While the numbers are striking, the generic ballot at this stage doesn’t always mean the incumbent pres. is destined for just one term. Prior to his re-election bid, George W. Bush never trailed a generic Dem, according to trends from what was then the CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll. The closest a generic Dem came to Bush was 47-43% in Sept. ‘03.

CONTINUED
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

From the rest of the article:

Top five contenders:

* Mitt Romney – 21%
    * Sarah Palin – 18%
    * Newt Gingrich – 15%
    * Mike Huckabee – 14%
    * Ron Paul – 10%

Well, that's disturbing. Gingrich, Palin and Paul I can see in the top 5, even Huckabee to some extent, but friggin' Romney leading the pack? That's not good news. I'm glad a lot can change between now and '12, and I do hope to see Gary Johnson on that list.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post

Well, that's disturbing. Gingrich, Palin and Paul I can see in the top 5, even Huckabee to some extent, but friggin' Romney leading the pack? That's not good news. I'm glad a lot can change between now and '12, and I do hope to see Gary Johnson on that list.
    PERSONALLY - I'm not interested in any of the ones on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    PERSONALLY - I'm not interested in any of the ones on that list.
    I don't think Gingrich would be too bad. I think Paul would make an excellent Secretary of the Treasury. Imagine a world where the Treasury Secretary doesn't march in lock step with the Federal Reserve Chairman. I would watch those CSPAN sessions!
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."

I don't think Gingrich would be too bad. I think Paul would make an excellent Secretary of the Treasury. Imagine a world where the Treasury Secretary doesn't march in lock step with the Federal Reserve Chairman. I would watch those CSPAN sessions!
    I'm not willing to support any of those listed for President at this point. I'd MUCH prefer someone who A) doesn't have baggage B) is a proven fiscal conservative C) can get conservatives excited D) Can throw down and have it out with the best of em. And NONE of those listed can do all 4 things.

Banned

Mitt and Huck are tax spending RINO's. They may talk a good game but their RECORD of spending speaks for itself. Gingrich is old guard Repub who has gotten soft in the head; he thinks that he can negotiate with Democrats. Hey Newt, the Blue Dogs are long, long, long, gone.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Mitt and Huck are tax spending RINO's. They may talk a good game but their RECORD of spending speaks for itself. Gingrich is old guard Repub who has gotten soft in the head; he thinks that he can negotiate with Democrats. Hey Newt, the Blue Dogs are long, long, long, gone.
    I included Huck on the list of "I can see it" because I know he's got a cult following that would put him on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I'm not willing to support any of those listed for President at this point. .
    Cmon...at what "point" would you be able too. When they're the nominee?

If they all suck now, then what makes them viable in the future?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Only reason I would support Huckabee is his support of the Fairtax.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfor View Post
    Only reason I would support Huckabee is his support of the Fairtax.
    Yeah ol Huck believes in the word tax alright.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor