Thread: Gold

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Don't forget to buy Non-Hybrid Seeds

During the Islamo-fascist-afro-Americommunist War of 2012 (as the Mayans predicted!!), when all of your fears have been justified, people won't care about gold, it's going to be FOOD.

During a real crisis (like the crisis you always feel is approaching without your consent), non-hybrid seeds are the ULTIMATE barter item.

You can't eat gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post

During the Islamo-fascist-afro-Americommunist War of 2012 (as the Mayans predicted!!), when all of your fears have been justified, people won't care about gold, it's going to be FOOD.

During a real crisis (like the crisis you always feel is approaching without your consent), non-hybrid seeds are the ULTIMATE barter item.

You can't eat gold.
    Gfy you piece of trash.

You can't eat gold.
    I have over 400 firearms and ammo for all of them.

When this happens, I'm just going to take your food, I'll take your gold too.

You won't be needing it.

rm -rf obama*

You can't eat gold.
    Yeah, but you can eat people.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    What if you have bars? How could they confiscate those, or much less even know about their existence? What if you have foreign gold coins? I have a bunch.
    My gold is in circular form. Larger circles fit around the arm, and smaller circles fit around the fingers. I recently invested in a gold circle set with 32 princess cut diamonds. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Panic investments. Advertising works it seems.
    Not really. I started buying gold before all of these gold commercials started dominating TV / radio and was called a kook for doing it.

You can't eat gold.
    I see this all over the web, and it's the stupidest argument I've ever heard. It usually comes from people with no assets whatsoever.

You can't eat a house, car, stock certificate, bond certificate, gold, silver, etc. The last time I checked, FOOD is the only thing you can eat. Who is going to invest 100% of their assets in food and seeds? No one with half a brain. Again, stupidest argument ever.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    My gold is in circular form. Larger circles fit around the arm, and smaller circles fit around the fingers. I recently invested in a gold circle set with 32 princess cut diamonds. :)
    The problem with jewelry is without a proper assay the weight and purity (actual gold value) has to be determined by someone who knows what they are doing. When you sell it, you're going to take a hit on the actual gold value for this very reason. Almost all bullion coins have the weight and purity stamped on them, except for the older ones that were actually used as circulated money.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    I have over 400 firearms and ammo for all of them.

When this happens, I'm just going to take your food, I'll take your gold too.

You won't be needing it.

Heh. Where the hell do you keep 400 guns?
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    The problem with jewelry is without a proper assay the weight and purity (actual gold value) has to be determined by someone who knows what they are doing. When you sell it, you're going to take a hit on the actual gold value for this very reason. Almost all bullion coins have the weight and purity stamped on them, except for the older ones that were actually used as circulated money.
    Sell it? I have no intention of selling it.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken